Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• In the meantime, the city still is looking for community feedback about its list of potential locations. Police station project on pause as city gives Steamboat City Council time to settle in
• Currently, the city is projecting sales tax collections will come in about 11 percent, or $1.9 million, over the Steamboat Springs City Council's budget figure. City of Steamboat Springs continues to see steady gains in sales tax
• Yampa Valley Regional Airport is trying something new with a ski rental kiosk around the corner from baggage claim in the terminal. Black Tie Ski Rental to run kiosk at Yampa Valley Regional Airport
• Town employees are asking Hayden Town Council members to consider spending about $10,600 to upgrade the computer systems used by town employees. Hayden seeks money to upgrade town's computer system
• Bill Demong again skied to a strong finish Wednesday, the U.S. Nordic Combined Ski Team athlete cruising from seventh to second in a Continental Cup Nordic combined event at Soldier Hollow, Utah. Demong 2nd in Continental Cup Nordic combined race in Utah
• Steamboat's Maggie Rose Carrigan ran away with the women's division at Wednesday's Race to the Cup event in Steamboat. Carrigan wins Day 1 at Race to the Cup in Steamboat
• Four Steamboat-connected riders advanced while competing in the snowboard half-pipe preliminaries Wednesday at a Grand Prix event at Copper Mountain. 4 Steamboat snowboarders into Grand Prix finals
• The competition is heating up at the World University Games in Italy this week, as several local athletes continue to push toward top finishes against some of the best college winter athletes in the world. World University Games continue to unfold for local skiers
• The Steamboat Springs High School hockey team survived another white-knuckle thriller Wednesday, beating Aspen, 2-1. Steamboat hockey gets 2 late goals for win against Aspen
Steamboat Race to the Cup results for Dec. 18, 2013
Steamboat briefs: Realtors seek volunteers for free Christmas Dinner
The Record for Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013