Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Jens Voigt’s almost-win Wednesday added spice to Stage 3, but Stage 4 shouldn’t need any surprise surge to keep fans dialed in from the start. Pro Challenge Stage 4 could be week's defining day
• Before the day is over, Paula Taylor and Cheryl Leschig will have camped out for more than eight hours right next to USA Pro Challenge finish line in downtown Steamboat Springs to see just a few seconds of excitement. USA Pro Challenge fanatics camp out to get best view of finish in Steamboat Springs
• Jens Voigt, less than a month shy of his 42nd birthday, only smirked as Lachlan Morton dismissed him with one short phrase. Voigt's valiant charge defines Stage 3 in Steamboat
• Weather, event setup and the route of the USA Pro Challenge stage coming into Steamboat Springs all can have an effect on the downtown businesses lining the race chute on Lincoln Avenue. Downtown Steamboat businesses evaluate USA Pro Challenge impact
• The big crowds for Stage 3 of the USA Pro Challenge cycling race arrived in downtown Steamboat Springs later than they did for the race in 2011, but their enthusiasm was undiminished Wednesday. Excitable crowd turns out for USA Pro Challenge in Steamboat
• A steady stream of cyclists chose to avoid the crowds and took the USA Pro Challenge party to Rabbit Ears Pass on Wednesday. Pro Challenge spectators make it a party on Rabbit Ears Pass
• As Gov. John Hickenlooper addressed the Colorado Water Congress' Summer Conference, some had doubts about the state’s role in water plans, but Hickenlooper stressed there were ways to reach solutions to Colorado’s water worries. Gov. Hickenlooper discusses state's water future at Colorado Water Congress
• The Oak Creek Town Board will hold a public hearing at 7 p.m. Thursday at town offices for two ordinances that were discussed at its last meeting. Oak Creek to hold public hearing on marijuana regulations
Steamboat briefs: Pro Challenge bike race road information available
The Record for Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013