Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Most of the 14 people who spoke to the council at Tuesday's meeting embraced the idea and said it has the potential to further revitalize a base area that seems deserted after dark. Night skiing gets final approval from Steamboat Springs City Council
• If all you know about bike races is that the first one across the finish line wins, don’t worry. Here’s a guide to help you know what your friends are talking about and what to look for as you line the race route for Wednesday’s third stage of the USA Pro Challenge. What to watch for: A guide to cycling races and the Pro Challenge's Steamboat stop
• Spectators hunkering down to secure their spot at the finish line will be treated to some unique entertainment before the USA Pro Challenge racers sprint into downtown Wednesday. Kids races, bike polo planned before Wednesday's race finish in Steamboat Springs
• When the USA Pro Challenge soars into Steamboat Springs late Wednesday afternoon, Steamboat’s main street will be ready. Steamboat businesses set for USA Pro Challenge to arrive
• There will be a period of 15 to 20 minutes when motorists are blocked from entering U.S. Highway 40 in Steamboat as the lead riders begin the descent into the Yampa Valley from Rabbit Ears Pass. Drivers have 3 detour routes around Lincoln Avenue as USA Pro Challenge spins into town
• Mathias Frank, of Switzerland, rode to a three-second win Tuesday in the second stage of the USA Pro Challenge, while Lachlan Morton, of Australia, finished second to assume the overall lead. Mathias Frank wins Stage 2 of the USA Pro Challenge
• The changes mandated by the state Legislature in 2010 with the passage of Senate Bill 191 will have significant impact on public schools across Colorado. Steamboat Springs School District prepares to roll out new teacher grading system
• A strong start to the season hit a speed bump Monday and Tuesday for the Steamboat Springs High School boys golf team. Steamboat Springs High School golf squad struggles Monday, Tuesday
Thoughtful Parenting: Back-to-school juggling
Jimmy Westlake: 1 morning, 2 ‘new’ stars
Our View: Rocky Mountain Youth Corps takes young adults down healthy path
Steamboat briefs: Courthouse closed today during USA Pro Challenge
The Record for Monday, Aug. 19, 2013