Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• An autopsy performed Thursday showed that David Lundy, 73, of Bettendorf, Iowa, died of a heart attack while tubing the Yampa River on Tuesday. Iowa man who died while tubing suffered heart attack
• The Steamboat Springs community this week is mourning the loss of Cory Kenneth Ferrier, a 10-year-old boy who was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident Monday near Silverton. 10-year-old Steamboat Springs boy dies in ATV accident
• A group of mountain climbers in third through eighth grades who take part in the Girls on the Run program in Routt County summited 14,265-foot Quandary Peak this month. Preadolescent Routt County girls learn to cope with life through physical challenges
• Picking through the best Routt County has to offer comes with some unexpected challenges. Life as a fair judge not always so easy
• The pictures that were pinned to the side of an old ranch building south of Steamboat Springs on Wednesday told a long and incredible story of Yampatika's growth in Routt County during the past two decades. Yampatika celebrates 20 years of environmental stewardship in Routt County
• Sporting good stores brought in 17 percent more sales tax revenue in June 2013 than they did in the same month last year. Lodging revenue followed close behind with an 11 percent gain compared with June 2012. Sporting good retailers fare the best in Steamboat Springs' latest sales tax report
• Saturday's Steamboat Stinger mountain bike race is the hottest ticket in town, selling out within hours of registration opening in March. Sold-out Stinger returns Saturday to Steamboat
A Dog’s Eye View: When it comes to grief, everyone’s different
Community Agriculture Alliance: The dirt on dirt
Steamboat briefs: 8,300 visitors expected in Steamboat on Saturday
The Record for Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013
• Vintage Trouble plays the final Steamboat Springs Free Summer Concert Series show on Friday at Howelsen Hill. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. A two-for-one happy hour runs until 6:30 p.m. DJ Also Starring opens. Final Steamboat Springs Free Summer Concert Series on Friday at Howelsen Hill
• The celebration of arts in the Yampa Valley is highlighted by the Yampa River Art Stroll on Friday, Saturday and Sunday along Yampa Street. Steamboat Springs All Arts Festival returns through weekend
• Heather Shore was named the new executive director of the Steamboat Springs Art Council. Steamboat Springs Arts Council brings in new executive director