Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Steamboat Springs is pleased. South Routt again is digesting mixed bag. Hayden can tout the most improvement. From the long Excel spreadsheets that display the results of the 2013 Transitional Colorado Assessment Program, each school district in Routt County can pull out a different story. TCAP scores a mixed bag for Routt County school districts
• The ordinance would ban the retail sale, cultivation facilities and marijuana product manufacturing facilities. Hayden Town Council to review pot ordinance
• Routt County Coroner Rob Ryg on Wednesday released the name of the man who died Tuesday while tubing the Yampa River. Man who died while tubing in Steamboat Springs identified
Willow Raley, of Baggs, Wyo., who took part in the Routt County Fair on Wednesday, became the first woman team roper ever to make the short round and win prize money at Cheyenne Frontier Days in July. Team roper who made history at Cheyenne Frontier Days takes part in Routt County Fair
• The daily high here hasn’t reached 80 degrees since Aug. 6, but temperatures are expected to reach the mid-80s Thursday through Saturday. Return of seasonal temperatures in the mid-80s forecast for Steamboat Springs
• When Emma Meyer’s family moved to Routt County three years ago, it was her first time living in the country. Now, Emma said, she has 27 chickens and a rooster. Poultry, swine highlight day of showmanship at Routt County Fair
• The Steamboat Springs boys golf team picked up its first team win of the season Wednesday at Gypsum Creek Golf Course. Steamboat golf team picks up 1st win
• Five-time Ironman triathlon champion Heather Gollnick moved to Steamboat Springs earlier this year, and now, she has planned several signings for her new book focused on training the brains of endurance athletes. Ironman champ hopes to share triathlon experience in new book
• Hannah Williams only has been racing mountain bikes for a summer and a half, but on Wednesday, she capped a championship run through the Town Challenge Mountain Bike series. Steamboat's Town Challenge Mountain Bike Race Series charges to a close
Steamboat briefs: Fall registration for classes is underway at college
The Record for Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013