Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• An autopsy will be done Wednesday to determine how an Iowa man died Tuesday while tubing the Yampa River. It is suspected the man suffered from a medical problem. Iowa man dies while tubing Yampa River in Steamboat Springs
• In exchange for resigning, the fire district is paying North Routt Fire Protection Chief Bob Reilley $22,378.13, which is what he would have earned in 4 1/2 months. North Routt fire district releases chief's separation agreement
• Steamboat's free bus service transported an estimated 7,500 passengers in 2011 when the elite cyclists first raced through town. Steamboat Springs Transit to expand free bus service for USA Pro Challenge
• The Steamboat Pilot & Today wants to know what readers think about its newspaper, website and digital initiatives. This information will be collected through the 2013 reader survey, which launched this week. Steamboat Today launches annual reader survey
• Aleigh Aurin riding Belle, Jewell Vreeman on Poker, Zava Zupan on Bacon and Teagan Yeager on Whinney all took turns winning individual events Monday night at the Routt County Fair. Young horsewomen compete in speed events at Routt County Fair in Hayden
• Construction crews are busy this week finishing a new basketball court and a landscaping project that will improve the recreation area for the students. South Routt Middle School playground gets an upgrade
• The Town Challenge finale begins at 5:25 p.m. at the base of Howelsen Hill in Steamboat Springs. Town Challenge Mountain Bike Race Series set for final hurrah Wednesday
Our View: Before you spend it, get it right
Thoughtful Parenting: Back to school, back to sleep
Jimmy Westlake: Blue moon due this month
Steamboat briefs: Parks and Recreation Commission meeting location moved
The Record for Monday, Aug. 12, 2013