Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• The runway at Yampa Valley Regional Airport will be closed for about 60 days during spring 2014. Yampa Valley Regional Airport to pause air service in 2014 for repairs
• At Orthopedics of Steamboat Springs, the word MRI now conjures up scenes of people laying back in a chair as they take advantage of the office's new extremity MRI machine. New MRI machine in Steamboat Springs makes scans more comfortable
• Ford on Monday became the first non-incumbent to file for the race. Economist Scott Ford plans run for Steamboat Springs City Council
• James Lehmann is hoping his journey from Steamboat Springs to Fort Collins will shed some light on those dealing with Type 2 diabetes. Steamboat Springs resident wants to raise awareness of diabetes with 160-mile bike ride to Fort Collins
• Steamboat athletic director Luke DeWolfe said Monday that lacrosse and baseball head coaching jobs were re-listed and that he hoped to make hires soon. Steamboat still looking for pair of preps coaches
• Either way, organizers of the looming inaugural Steamboat Springs Bike Week are hoping a bike-filled week will help showcase Steamboat's cycling diversity. Organizers have big plans for Bike Week
Tom Ross: Small dogs make big splash at Routt County Fair in Hayden
Steamboat briefs: Steamboat All Arts Festival seeking volunteer greeters
The Record for Sunday, Aug. 11, 2013