Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• A nine-day trial has been set for the former Steamboat Springs Christian school teacher accused of sexually assaulting a boy eight times. 9-day trial set for sex assault case against former Steamboat Springs teacher
• Dented pickups, bent street signs and vehicle parts lined Jefferson Avenue in downtown Hayden on Tuesday night as a large crowd gathered near the parking lot of Hayden Middle School where a Ford Expedition crashed into one of the school's classrooms. Driver who crashed into Hayden school identified
• The plan, which was presented to the Steamboat Springs City Council on Tuesday night, indicates that the city wants to start construction on the new facility next year at an estimated cost of $8.9 million. New police station headlines Steamboat Springs' capital improvement plan
• Real estate inventory in the Yampa Valley was at a year-to-date high for June. Average listing prices in Moffat were up 2 percent for the month compared with June 2012, and prices in Routt were down 15 percent compared with last year. Yampa Valley Data Partners report states real estate market softened in June
• The Oak Creek Town Board at its Thursday meeting will introduce and discuss ordinances dealing with retail sales of marijuana. Oak Creek to consider ordinances related to retail marijuana sales
• Erik Sobeck’s final score of 72 at the Haymaker Junior Golf Championships was good enough to keep the tournament’s boys championship title with a Steamboat resident. Steamboat Springs teen wins Haymaker junior golf title
• High school sports are back as the members of the Steamboat Springs High School golf team stepped back onto the course Monday at Haymaker Golf Course for the start of a new season. Steamboat golf team swings into new season
Tom Ross: Furniture maker's national reputation has roots in Routt County's Strawberry Park
Steamboat briefs: Grand Futures Prevention Coalition receives $30K Daniels Fund grant
The Record for Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2013