Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Your favorite outdoor shop and the companies that make many of their products might be a little short-staffed this week after a mass exodus from Steamboat Springs to Salt Lake City for the annual Outdoor Retailer Summer Market trade show. Steamboat businesses head to Outdoor Retailer trade show in Utah
• The Steamboat Springs Police Department on Thursday arrested Tyler Davis, 21, on suspicion of felony inducement of a child for prostitution. Police are aware of at least three incidents. Steamboat man arrested on charges of felony inducement of a child for prostitution
• A 48-year-old Routt County resident has been charged with a felony after the Routt County Sheriff’s Office says he crashed his car, broke into a home and then stole a bike, reportedly to go look for help. Routt County man arrested after crash on Buffalo Pass
• Cory Alexander Sohonyay was arrested at about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday on an unrelated arrest warrant for failing to appear in court. Steamboat Springs hotel room search reveals 149 grams of methamphetamine
• After hearing opinions from 19 members of the public, most of the Hayden Town Council members said they supported waiting to see how recreational marijuana sales roll out in other Colorado communities throughout the next few years. Hayden Town Council says 'no' to recreational marijuana
• For some people, riding a horse is just not enough. The Rodeo Girls Trick Riders, who ride under the horse and on the side of the horse in addition to on top of the horse. The group will perform Friday and Saturday at Brent Romick Rodeo Arena. Trick riders to perform at weekend rodeos in Steamboat Springs
• The Haymaker Junior Golf Championship kicks off at 7 a.m. Friday. The course's golf professional said it is a great opportunity for area youths to put their golf lessons to work in competition. Haymaker Junior Golf Championship kicks off Friday
Tom Ross: Oregon man passes through Steamboat on journey of healing after his son's suicide
Community Agriculture Alliance: Welcome to the 2013 Routt County Fair
Rob Douglas: Where’s Sparky when we need him?
The Record for Wednesday, July 31, 2013
• Naia Kete, who gained popularity in 2012 when she appeared on NBC’s “The Voice,” plays Friday on the Steamboat Stage as part of the Steamboat Mountain Music Series. "The Voice" contestant Naia Kete to play Friday at Steamboat Ski Area
• Julie Anderson's ceramics pop off the wall and show an intimate look at the relationship between humans and nature. Anderson will have her first solo show Friday at Rumor Design Studio. Steamboat Springs artist explores relationship between humans and environment through ceramics
• Amp Live, part of the duo Zion I, plays the The Tap House Sports Grill on Friday and Saturday nights. The producer and DJ's latest project, “My Headphone Concerto,” is set for release this fall. Producer, DJ Amp Live to play 2 shows this weekend in Steamboat Springs
• It takes a lot of determination, and perhaps stupidity, to perform open-heart surgery on yourself, offer up your body as target practice for dozens of archers at once or bear the brunt of an atomic blast. Of course, there are other kinds of bombs that can be more damaging, and if the hero of “The Wolverine” can survive his last solo feature, his threshold for pain clearly is beyond human understanding. The Bock's Office: ‘Wolverine’ rips back into comic fans’ good graces