2013 Sailors baseball schedule
- March 16: Hotchkiss 5, Steamboat 4
- March 25: Rifle 8, Steamboat 5
- March 30: Steamboat 4, Eagle Valley 2; Eagle Valley 3, Steamboat 0
- April 6: Steamboat 21, Battle Mountain 10; Steamboat 13, Battle Mountain 3
- April 9: Delta 21, Steamboat 7
- April 13: Palisade 10, Steamboat 1; Palisade 18, Steamboat 8
- April 25: Delta 11, Steamboat 0 at Rifle
- May 2: Rifle 9, Steamboat 2
- May 4: Steamboat 9, Summit 2; Steamboat 12, Summit 4
- May 7: 4 p.m. vs. Glenwood Springs
Steamboat Springs The Steamboat Springs High School baseball team was undone by a pair of errors Thursday, falling to Delta, 11-0, in six innings.
Playing in Rifle, the two traded zeroes through the first two innings before Delta pushed across three in the third.
The Panthers added two in the fourth, one in the fifth and broke things open with five in the sixth.
Of the 11 runs Steamboat gave up, six were unearned thanks to two untimely errors.
“They resulted in us not getting out of the inning and then coming through when they needed to,” Steamboat manager Dave Roy said.
Steamboat also was quiet with the bats. The team had only four hits in the game, none coming at opportune times.
Steamboat had runners on in the first and sixth innings but couldn’t come away with any runs.
Junior pitcher Matt Regan threw a complete game.
Steamboat next plays at 4 p.m. Thursday against Rifle at the Craig Middle School. The team wraps up the season with a doubleheader May 4 against Summit in Craig and another one May 7 against Glenwood Springs in Craig.
The team (4-8) still has a shot at the playoffs but must win out.
“We have to get five in a row,” Roy said. “I think it’s very possible.”
To reach Luke Graham, call 970-871-4229 or email lgraham@SteamboatToday.com