Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. Watch an audio slideshow with the best photos from the past week with Focal Points.
• Two explosions rocked the finish of the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon. According to the race’s website, five Steamboat Springs residents were registered. 5 Steamboat residents registered for Boston Marathon rocked by explosions
• The day after the mountain closed, work started on the new Four Points Lodge, and those thinking about accessing the mountain to take advantage of recent snowfall should be aware of the extra activity at Steamboat Ski Area. Four Points Lodge construction to create extra traffic at Steamboat Ski Area
• The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory that will stay in effect until Tuesday morning. Forecast calls for snow, icy road conditions for Steamboat Springs
• In a wide-ranging meeting Monday night, the Steamboat Springs School board weighed in on the district's budget proposals for next school year and tabled a request to renew the contracts of the district's administrators and directors. In wide-ranging meeting, Steamboat School Board weighs in on budget proposals
• The Steamboat Springs High School choir earned an overall rating of “excellent” Monday during a vocal competition at Moffat County High School in Craig. Steamboat Springs High School choir earns ‘superior’ rating at CHSAA competition
• The BOCES board last week announced Amy Bollinger, a longtime educator, will start as executive director of the agency July 1st. Northwest Colorado BOCES hires next executive director
• The end of the season has already come for several local athletes now competing for colleges around the country. College athletics roundup for April 16
• Meg O’Connell continued to help lead the way for the Steamboat Springs High School track and field team on Saturday at Glenwood Springs, placing second in the 3,200-meter run. Routt County track athletes log high finishes in Glenwood
Steamboat Briefs: Drug Take Back Day slated for April 27 in Routt County
Jimmy Westlake: Conquering the Hydra
The Record for Sunday, April 14, 2013