Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• The Steamboat Springs School District is more determined than ever to end its two-tiered system of sports funding next school year. But in order for all 22 sports programs in the district to be funded equitably, something has to give. Steamboat Springs School District lays out options to solve athletic funding crisis
• The annual AP art class student show will be on display this month at the Steamboat Springs Center for Visual Arts. The students hung their final art projects Tuesday and an opening will take place at 5 p.m. Thursday. Steamboat AP art students hang final show
• The managers of Routt County’s three major state parks told the Routt County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday that they are preparing for another season of drought while they study the impacts the drought of 2012 had on their campgrounds and picnic areas. State park managers in Routt, Moffat counties react to 2012 drought
• Most of the chairlifts at Steamboat Ski Area closed at about 10:15 a.m. Tuesday because of sustained winds in the upper 50 mph range, according to a news release from the ski area. The ski area expected all of its remaining 12 lifts to operate Wednesday. Steamboat closes all but 2 lifts Tuesday because of weather
• At its 6 p.m. Thursday meeting, the Oak Creek Town Board will offer feedback on the language of three ordinances. Oak Creek Town Board to consider liquor, marijuana and chickens at Thursday meeting
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freestyle moguls team wrapped up the season during the weekend in Winter Park with the Spring Cool Down. Steamboat Springs moguls team wraps up season
• The Steamboat Springs-Battle Mountain girls soccer and Steamboat-Summit girls lacrosse games have been postponed. Blizzard forecast causes Steamboat Springs prep sports cancellations
Our View: Adapting to the new normal for water in the West
Thoughtful Parenting: What's in a vaccine?
Steamboat briefs: Elaine Gay to celebrate her 95th birthday April 17
Colorado sheriffs planning lawsuit to block new gun laws
Steamboat Springs Figure Skate Club competes in Fort Collins
The Record for April 8, 2013