Weather:Thursday has a forecast high of 77 degrees and a low of 36. Much the same can be expected through the weekend.
• Despite opposition from the governor, some local officials say casino proponents should push forward if they think a casino would be beneficial to the community. Routt County officials welcome continued casino conversation
• There has been a changing of the guard at F.M. Light & Sons, but the 107-year-old family tradition remains intact. New generation assumes ownership of F.M. Light & Sons in Steamboat
• The city of Steamboat Springs' four-year-long legal battle with residents of the West Acres Mobile Home Park is nearing an end. Steamboat's legal battle with West Acres Mobile Home Park nears end
• A felony possession and distribution marijuana charge was dismissed Wednesday against a 20-year-old former Steamboat Springs resident arrested in November. Ex-Steamboat college student takes plea deal in marijuana case
• The Rotary Club of Steamboat Springs’ mission covers a vast range of commitments, from supporting the youths of Routt County to a dedication to international service. Rotary Club's annual Barn Dance is 'for the kids'
• The Steamboat Ski Area will ends its first summer of extensive downhill biking access with half-off bike park tickets and the inaugural Quick & Chainless Downhill Bike Race. Steamboat Ski Area to host bike race, free concerts Sept. 28 to 30
• Routt County Riders will host its 10th trail workday of the summer from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday on the Rotary Trail on the back side of Emerald Mountain. Routt County Riders hosts workday on the Rotary Trail
• The Record for Sept. 18, 2012
• Steamboat briefs: Wendy Pabich author talk is 7 p.m. Thursday at library
• The Steamboat Springs High School cheerleading team is hosting a Lil Sailors Cheer Clinic fundraiser for boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade Saturday. With sights set on nationals, cheerleaders to hold fundraiser