Thursday, September 13, 2012
Weather: Sunny skies with highs in the 70s are forecast for most of the weekend in Steamboat. Overnight lows drop into the 30s. A mix of snow and rain was predicted Wednesday night for high elevations around Steamboat. Meteorologist Paul Frisbie with the National Weather Service in Grand Junction said Thursday morning that he couldn't confirm snow fell on Mount Ethel or Big Agnes, but he said it would not surprise him if some of the warm rain at lower elevations turned into snow up high. Frisbie said someone reported snow in the Maroon Bells to his office.
• While mining for economic data, the Yampa Valley Data Partners group uncovered some good news related to Twentymile Coal Co.'s Sage Creek reserve mining operation. Economic indicators continue to improve in Routt County
• Routt County collected $183,869 in property taxes derived from oil and gas production in 2011, almost all of it from 26 accounts. Oil and gas production yielded $183,869 in 2011 poperty taxes in Routt County
• ESPN Radio, which recently moved from 1230 AM to 98.9 FM as part of the launch of Radio Partners LLC in Steamboat Springs, has been off the air more than a week because of an issue with the station’s transmitter. ESPN Radio said to return to local airwaves in 'very near future'
• As they celebrate reaching a $510,000 fundraising goal for 2012, leaders of Routt County United Way already are preparing to try for an even bigger fundraising goal starting Friday. Routt County United Way to kick off annual fundraising campaign Friday
• The town of Hayden has just enough candidates for its Town Council to avoid an election in November. Hayden to cancel November election for Town Council
• The Oak Creek Town Board will take public comment on two issues Thursday and hear from Routt County commissioner candidate Tim Corrigan. Oak Creek Town Board looking for feedback on water tank project
• The Record for Sept. 11, 2012
• Steamboat briefs: Charter school barbecue, fundraiser is on Saturday
• The Steamboat Springs High School golf team hosts its lone tournament of the season Thursday at Haymaker Golf Course. Steamboat Springs High School golf team hosts only home tournament Thursday
• Roundup of Routt County prep sports games this weekend