Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Happy Halloween Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• Throughout five seasons, Tim Darling won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He died early Monday morning in a car accident near Rockdale, Texas. Former Steamboat rodeo cowboy Travis Darling dies in Texas crash
• Public Safety Director Joel Rae gave a presentation to the City Council on Tuesday about a potential public safety campus in the Stock Bridge Transit Center. The council also asked for other proposals to be brought to them. Steamboat City Council discusses options for public safety campus
• West Slope FM, a classical music radio station that plays on 91.1 in the Yampa Valley, is holding a fundraiser through Sunday. Fundraiser for West Slope FM station ends Sunday
• Walking the streets of Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon, Steamboat Springs resident Jody Corey witnessed firsthand the destructive power of Hurricane Sandy. Nearly 2,000 miles away, Steamboat residents affected by hurricane
• Police don't think foul play is involved in the death of a 37-year-old man, but they would not speculate as to the potential cause of the man's death Monday night in a Steamboat neighborhood. Steamboat Springs police investigating death of 37-year-old man
• The Downtown Halloween Stroll annually draws thousands of kids, teens and adults downtown for a concentrated trick-or-treating free-for-all with stops at about 75 businesses. Annual Steamboat Springs Downtown Halloween Stroll full of quirks
• Andy and Jake Flax will take over for Neill Redfern, who is stepping down from the Steamboat Youth Lacrosse he founded a decade ago. Flax brothers to take over Steamboat Youth Lacrosse
• The Oak Creek Police Department on Tuesday morning was trying to figure out who crashed a vehicle into the town’s downtown fire station Monday night. Vehicle crashes into Oak Creek fire station; suspect sought
Game time announced for Hayden's Saturday football playoff tilt
Our View: A beneficial use of water during winter
Joanne Palmer: Are we not better than this?
Thoughtful Parenting: Limit your child's 'screen time'
First Friday Artwalk listings for Nov. 2
The Record for Oct. 29, 2012