Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• While the East Coast braces itself against Hurricane Sandy, folks in Steamboat Springs will enjoy mostly clear skies and warm fall weather through the week. Steamboat Springs to have warm, dry weather for the week
• The 2013 city budget, a city manager search process, hosting and sponsoring a stage of the 2013 USA Pro Cycling Challenge and providing direction on where to potentially construct a new police and fire station are among the topics to be tackled by the Steamboat Springs City Council on Tuesday night. Council to consider budget, public safety campus
• The Elk River got a bounce out of last week’s twin snowstorms but is not faring as well as the Yampa. Snow boosts Yamp River, but flows still below average
• For the fourth straight year, the Steamboat Today is hosting its Holiday Dessert Bake-off and Community Open House, an event that encourages locals of all ages, genders and baking experiences to enter their favorite recipes in one (or more) of four categories. Dessert Bake-off offers sweet retreat in Steamboat
• The rule is almost as old as the game of football itself: “Play for the win on the road and the tie at home.” It wasn’t written for the situation the Steamboat Springs football team found itself in Friday night. Joel Reichenberger: Sailors broke the rules and won big with two-point attempt
• Schedule reliability at Yampa Valley Regional Airport became more acute this month when service was temporarily shifted entirely to Republic Airlines. Airport chief says reliability of flight schedule from Denver was subpar in October
• There is news this month that the Rocky Mountain region may be unintentionally exporting the pine beetle epidemic to the Eastern U.S. Tom Ross: Hurricane calls out absence of climate change from presidential debates
Catching up with local collegiate athletes for Oct. 29
Girls on the Run returns to Steamboat Springs on Saturday
Jimmy Westlake: Great balls of fire
Routt County high school sports roundup
The Record for Oct. 28, 2012