Updated October 11, 2012 at 7:13 a.m.
Weather: Thursday's high temperature in Steamboat is forecast at 70 degrees with a chance of showers in the evening and a low of 36. Higher elevations could see measurable snow Friday night.
• Hibernation time is near, but the local bear population still is keeping a high profile in Steamboat Springs as it packs on the pounds. Steamboat Springs wildlife officials trap, relocate injured bear
• A preliminary hearing has been scheduled again for the man accused of firing a gun toward three people June 9 in a downtown Steamboat Springs bar. New hearing set for man accused of firing gun into Steamboat bar
• The participants in Wednesday’s culinary tourism workshop — tourism professionals from advertising agencies, chambers of commerce and visitors centers from across the state — were treated to breakfast, snacks and lunch made from regional foods. Professionals gather in Steamboat for culinary tourism workshop
• The outcome of the Nov. 6 election has the potential to shift county government’s regulatory outlook on permitting oil and gas wells, but it would take time for any policy changes to be noticed. Stahoviak foresees no abrupt changes in oil, gas permitting
• Craig Koehn has been added as a market manager for Steamboat Springs’ KBCR 1230 AM and 96.9 FM. Steamboat's KBCR 1230 AM and 96.9 FM gets new station manager
• If Oak Creek residents want a chance to hear what the four candidates for the Routt County Board of Commissioners have to say about South Routt, they should make sure they’re at Thursday’s Oak Creek Town Board meeting at 7 p.m. Oak Creek to host Routt County Board of Commissioners candidates
• Northwestern's ski club president said a lack of snow was an issue in Utah last year and Steamboat’s reputation for receiving early snow factored into the decision for this year’s destination. Northwestern Wildcats return to Steamboat from Dec. 15 to 21
• The Record for Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012
• Steamboat briefs: ‘The Things They Carried’ community read is Thursday
• Preview of Routt County prep sports games this weekend