Weather: Tuesday should be sunny with a high temperature of 75 degrees and a low of 37. The low temperatures will drop off Wednesday night, which is forecast to be 26 degrees.
• It didn't take long for community members in the town of Hayden to step up and help a woman who was displaced Sunday night after her home caught fire, killing two cats. Hayden community members pitch in to help woman displaced by fire
• If you’re planning a road trip to the American Southwest late this fall or perhaps next spring, you might want to brush up on a few conversational phrases in German and get ready to make friends. Tom Ross: Colorado hasn't tapped into international tourism the way Arizona has
• The Steamboat Springs Education Fund Board will meet Wednesday night to weigh some proposed changes to its grant vetting process, which kicks off in February. Steamboat Springs Education Fund Board to talk process at Wednesday meeting
• Mike King, executive director of the Colorado Department of Natural Resources, rejected any notion that the state’s recent lawsuit filed against the city of Longmont signals that the governor’s office is not looking out for local communities in energy matters. State oil and gas commission reopens oil well setback, water rules
• The restrictions had been in place since late June and resulted in a 15 percent reduction in water consumption, officials said. Mandatory water restrictions lifted for Steamboat Springs
• The newspaper's Coffee and a Newspaper gathering will provide opportunity for an informal meet and greet with local candidates. All are welcome to stop by between 7 and 9 a.m. Wednesday. Local candidates to attend Pilot & Today's Wednesday gathering
• Architecture students from the University of Colorado Denver are working on projects inspired by the Hayden Granary. Architecture students help Hayden Granary's future come into focus
• The Routt County Board of Commissioners will consider approving a reimbursement agreement with Shell Oil on Tuesday for $354,217 in improvements to County Road 65 needed for the approved Gnat Hill well. Shell's Trout Creek oil well southwest of Steamboat Springs scheduled for Nov. 1 public hearing
• Jimmy Westlake: Super comet coming next year?
• The Record for Sept. 30, 2012
• Steamboat briefs: Victim advocate volunteers sought; training set for fall
• The local tennis community was shaken recently as longtime local pros John Aragon and Don Toy didn't have their contracts with the Tennis Center renewed. Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs shakeup ousts Aragon and Toy
• It was a big weekend for the Steamboat Springs and Hayden high school football teams and a mixed bag for the rest of the local fall high school sports programs in Routt County. Steamboat, Hayden football shine in sports roundup
• Catching up with local collegiate athletes for Oct. 2