Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• Authorities are encouraging anyone who finds a bottle bomb to avoid touching it and to call 911 because the detonated remains can be dangerous to handle. Oak Creek residents find homemade bottle bombs; police searching for suspects
• Vernon Summer, who personified the historic bridge between the ranching and skiing communities in Routt County, died peacefully in his easy chair in the Doak Walker Care Center on Tuesday night. Routt County rancher Vernon Summer embraced changes that skiing brought to the Yampa Valley
• Steamboat Springs High School seniors Zach Schmidt, Garrison Osteen and Jessie Wallace each have very different resumes. But they are united by their humble attitudes, and their smarts. 3 Steamboat Springs High School seniors closing in on prestigious scholarships
• People come to Steamboat Springs to have fun, spend time with friends and family, get away from it all and unplug — but only in the literal sense of Ethernet cables. Wi-Fi still is a requirement. Steamboat Cloud works to bring cohesive Wi-Fi to downtown
• The Friends of the Chief hired Tamara Beland to be the executive director of the Chief Theater in Steamboat Springs. Beland comes to Steamboat after spending six years in Denver. Executive director hired for Chief Plaza Theater in downtown Steamboat
• The Steamboat Springs High School hockey team opened the season Wednesday with a 8-2 win against Battle Mountain. Steamboat Springs hockey opens season with convincing win
• Steamboat Springs 13-year-old Tatum Burger will rub elbows Thursday with legendary tennis players Andre Agassi, Patrick McEnroe, Jim Courier and Michael Chang. Steamboat Springs' Burger to serve as ball girl at pro tennis event
• Things get started Thursday with a cross-county rivalry seldom seen this early in the season: Hayden at Soroco boys basketball. Routt County prep sports teams open winter season
Hickenlooper to create task force on Colorado marijuana legalization
Steamboat briefs: Habitat for Humanity and ReStore needs volunteers
The Record for Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2012