Friday, November 23, 2012
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• Pushing, pedaling, pulling, rolling and — oh yeah — running, a record number of participants took part Thursday morning in the annual Turkey Trot race. Turkey Trot draws record crowd in Steamboat on Thanksgiving
• As Rich Rucker was wrapping up skiing on Opening Day at Steamboat Ski Area, he paraphrased Warren Miller: There’s never been a bad day of skiing. Steamboat Ski Area kicks off 50th anniversary season
• The Community Thanksgiving Dinner is a cross section of the community in socioeconomic terms, but it also provides a place for Steamboat residents long in the tooth to mingle with those who might be getting their first experience of the town. Routt County's Community Thanksgiving Dinner provides way to connect
• Every trend comes to an end, and even as the newest crop of skis and snowboards push the envelope in some areas, manufacturers have doubled back in others. Newest skis and snowboards combine some new with some old
Bill Fetcher: Rope tows and skiing, ’50s style
The Record for Nov. 21, 2012
Steamboat briefs: Secret supper club starts in Steamboat on Dec. 6
A Dog's Eye View: Thanksgiving is for dogs, too
Community Agriculture Alliance: Why I believe in the Alliance
• While seeing her father play with the Roswell Symphony, a young Teri Rose was seated such that, in order to see her father play the trombone, she had to look through the harpist’s strings. Steamboat's Teri Rose fills holiday season with musical and artistic endeavors
• In its 35th year, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band still brings it. The band opens the Bud Light Rocks the Boat free concert series Saturday. Steamboat Springs to host Dirty Dozen Brass Band on Saturday
• Filled with depth, good humor and life lessons, “Life of Pi” is consistently riveting as we follow an unlikely pair — a meek, young Indian man and a full-grown Bengal tiger — adrift at sea. Andy Bockelman: ‘Life of Pi’ a complex coming-of-age tale on the high seas