Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• District Attorney Brett Barkey said Wednesday that he plans to meet with senior staff members Thursday to decide whether to proceed with prosecuting petty marijuana cases that are pending in the courts. Routt County DA to make decision soon on pending pot cases
• The Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association is bringing Winter Carnival to the Lone Star State during the Houston Holiday Parade on Thanksgiving Day. Steamboat Springs gondola carriage to appear in Houston parade
• Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Freestyle Director Erik Skinner has started his own sunscreen company called SkinDog. Steamboat man starts sunscreen company tailored to athletes
• The resort community is hoping for the arrival of clouds that signal snowfall, but the cloud that hovered over the Chamber breakfast meeting Wednesday had to do with economic uncertainty going into the first six weeks of the ski season. Steamboat Ski Area officials confident about terrain openings
• The city of Steamboat Springs is starting to see the benefits of hefty grants from Great Outdoors Colorado and the Bureau of Land Management as crews work this week to restore a stretch of the Yampa River just west of town. Crews working to restore stretch of Yampa River west of Steamboat Springs
• The concert, called “What a Wonderful World,” sails through an hour-long program of 13 songs. The show starts at 7 p.m. Friday and at 4 p.m. Saturday at United Methodist Church in Steamboat Springs. Yampa Valley Singers concerts offer an escape into 'a world of song'
• What kind of place is Urinetown? As Officer Lockstock says in the beginning of the show, “It’s a place filled with symbolism and things like that.” Steamboat Springs High School performs musical 'Urinetown' this weekend
US representatives send letter urging president not to act against Colorado pot law
Activists send letter denouncing wild horse slaughter to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar
Jimmy Westlake: Jupiter rules the night
The Record for Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012
Steamboat briefs: Outside magazine ranks ski area as the 6th best resort