The Jail Report for July 13 to 19

Friday, July 13

Ryan J. Doughty, 22, Steamboat Springs — harassment (Steamboat Springs Police Department)

Jeremiah J. Johnson, 34, Oak Creek — fugitive of justice (Routt County Sheriff’s Office)

Saturday, July 14

Jeremy C. Phillips, 31, Steamboat Springs — theft by receiving, tampering with physical evidence, violating bail bond conditions (SSPD)

Jason D. Rolando, 26, Steamboat Springs — possession of a controlled substance, unlawful use of a controlled substance (SSPD)

Sunday, July 15

Reno W. Ager, 49, Yampa — fugitive of justice (RCSO)

Brent C. Becker, 21, Steamboat Springs — fugitive of justice (SSPD)

Monday, July 16

Mark J. Cheswick, 49, Steamboat Springs — disorderly conduct (fighting) (SSPD)

Andrew L. Samuel, 20, Steamboat Springs — violating a protective order, criminal mischief, throwing missiles at vehicles (SSPD)

Jeremy C. Phillips, 31, Steamboat Springs — violating bail bond conditions (SSPD)

Tuesday, July 17

Blake S. Prentice, 42, Steamboat Springs — fugitive of justice (SSPD)

Keith D. Denton, 27, Steamboat Springs — Dangerous drugs (marijuana), violating a protective order, possession of drug paraphernalia (SSPD)

Elizabeth N. Rubolino, 39, Steamboat Springs — violating a protective order (SSPD)

Wednesday, July 18

Candace Andersen, 30, Oak Creek — violating a protective order (RCSO)

Thomas W. Barnes, 23, Steamboat Springs — failure to appear (SSPD)

Thursday, July 19

Norberto V. Cruz, 36, Steamboat Springs — driving under the influence, speeding, possession of a controlled substance (SSPD)

William A. June, 23, Hayden — fugitive of justice (Hayden Police Department)

Kristen L. Kieger, 26, Steamboat Springs — two counts of contempt of court (SSPD)

Jesse J. McAndrew, 23, Hayden — reckless driving, two counts of reckless endangerment, two counts of harassment (RCSO)

Jon A. Yaroscak, 42, Steamboat Springs — unlawful distribution of drugs, possession of a controlled substance (SSPD)

Friday, July 20

Arrests were not available and will be printed July 29.

Comments

Terry Noble 2 years, 3 months ago

Dangerous drugs (marijuana)? I've never noticed that label before. I must have missed something and/or have the laws changed?

rhys jones 2 years, 3 months ago

Terry -- You're right, I've never seen those terms either. I'll be interested to see how locally-attached it is, as I am sure some of our more energetic readers will research the statutes for us. But I don't recall seeing that descriptor in the code.

Did you catch the picture in the Pilot a couple of years back, where RCSO donned full-body hazmat suits to handle the noxious weed? God forbid they catch something.

Terry Noble 2 years, 3 months ago

I was careful to say no more than I did in a blatent attempt to not be attacked here

rhys jones 2 years, 3 months ago

I have no secrets in this town -- nor do I care to. My various misdeeds are well-documented both in this forum and at the courthouse. That said, I never hurt anybody or stole anything, and that should count for something. although this column would only be somewhat shorter if everyone could say that, with all those fugitives and druggies out there. Sheesh. All I ever did was have TOO MUCH fun. I'm not anti-social -- I'm TOO social!!

I've been crawling through the statutes, looking for the word "Dangerous" to no avail yet. Funny how what is illegal in this part of the code is beneficial in that part of the code.

Along with "he or she" I think our Record and Jail Report editor tends to editorialize just a tad.

Go ahead, take your shots. I'm in season year-round.

Terry Noble 2 years, 3 months ago

Everyone needs to be more careful what you comment in here. Your reference to the hazmat only invites them to attack. They very likely had information that wasn't printed. It's very expensive for them to use that procedure and quite often have to do it in the interest of their own safety. Suspicion and/or knowledge of meths presence automatically sets of a red flag with law enforcement. They often have no way of knowing whether it's purched product and/or being manufactured. Everybody needs to think before they type.

rhys jones 2 years, 3 months ago

Apples and oranges would be a better comparison than meth and pot. You're talking oil and water, chickens and pigs -- there is no relationship between the two; they are developed in vastly different environments, and neither is used in the production of the other. There was no link mentioned in the article at the time, and yes, I thought it was a senseless waste of money, done for show as much as anything, Pilot invited along to document the event. It was a pitiful attempt to demonize our trusty meds. As I recall, that was in the pre-vote days.

Like I said, I'll take your shots, bring it on, and now I'm taking side flak from friendly fire. You're the one who encouraged my comments to begin with, Terry, even seeming supportive, and now you chastise me for speaking my mind. There it is anyway.

Terry Noble 2 years, 3 months ago

Mr Jones thank you for validating my exact point. Your bad attention is better than no attention logic is possibly the only reason we will end up with relating to 420 and now the new 720. Only thing missing is the "fame" factor. In my opinion YOU are a red flag! I will comment no more!

Scott Wedel 2 years, 3 months ago

Looked it up in Colorado Revised Statutes via lexisnexis and the section with dangerous drugs mentioned in the title was repealed in 2011 and replaced with one that reduced punishment for mj. The annotation regarding judicial rulings notes that hashish and marijuana can be charged as separate dangerous drugs.

Arresting officer is not that DA that writes up the actual charges.

Friday the 13th Christopher Ward-Sowa, 45, Steamboat Springs — stalking/intimidation, violating a protective order, violating bail bond conditions (SSPD)

wed the 18th Christopher Ward-Sowa, 45, Steamboat Springs — violating bail bond conditions (RCSO)

So in 10 days that is 4 protection order violations and 3 violation of bond conditions.

Scott Wedel 2 years, 3 months ago

And the term "dangerous drugs" appeared to simply refer to illegal drugs as compared to improper usage of legal (prescription) drugs.

Terry Noble 2 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for your research Scott. I too noticed Mr. Ward-Sosas new love of jail but elected not to comment. Hopefully the bond option has expired. Just another red flag.