Conservative Ann Coulter to speak in Steamboat

photo

Ann Coulter

— Conservative political pundit, bestselling author and nationally syndicated columnist Ann Coulter will be the featured speaker at a February event in Steamboat Springs.

Rick Akin, co-founder of The Steamboat Institute, confirmed Thursday that Coulter has agreed to be the keynote speaker of a Feb. 17 dinner event in the Champagne Powder Room in the Thunderhead building at the top of Steamboat Ski Area’s gondola.

The topic of Coulter’s 30-minute talk has not been decided, but Akin said it’s likely to focus on the 2012 presidential race. It will be followed by a Q-and-A session.

“She’s exceedingly entertaining,” Akin said. “She can’t utter a sentence without making you laugh.

“She uses biting humor almost ceaselessly. If you’re on the end being bitten, it’s probably not as amusing as it is to everyone else.”

Those typically bitten by Coulter are Democrats and liberals, as she makes clear in the titles of her New York Times bestselling books like “Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right”; “Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism”; “Godless: The Church of Liberalism”; and “If Democrats Had Any Brains, They’d Be Republicans.” Her latest book is titled “Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America.”

Akin acknowledged that while some residents will “jump for joy” about Coulter’s appearance in Steamboat, others will be even more upset than when Karl Rove was the keynote speaker at the 2010 Freedom Conference.

“There may be some protests, and that’s fine,” Akin said. “People have the right to express their opinion, and I have no problem with that.”

Tickets to the Feb. 17 dinner cost $125 if purchased by Jan. 31 or $150 if purchased thereafter. VIP tickets, which include a reception at 6:30 p.m. and a chance to meet Coulter and have a photo taken with her, are $250 if purchased by Jan. 31 and $300 thereafter. Sponsor tables are $2,200 and include eight VIP tickets and signed copies of her new book. Anyone who would like to sit at Coulter’s table during dinner can pay $1,000 for that VIP package.

Registration is available at www.steamboatInstitute.org.

Comments

canyonwind 2 years, 7 months ago

$125 bucks to listen to her parties plans to STEAL the election from Ron Paul, Well it may have worked in IOWA but it won't work here we are on to your party bosses plans. And reallly Santoram????? he was in 5th place in the polls and he tied with Romney for first . You all will end up in jail for everything from Oklahoma City and 9-11 to that CRAP in IOWA and that includes all the Dems as well

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

koo koo, koo koo, koo koo, koo koo.

Paulbots are the fringe of the ObamaZombie leftovers. Ron Paul quote of the day: "The USA should not have gone to war with Nazi Germany to save the Jeooows". Racist SOB!

MrTaiChi 2 years, 7 months ago

Here we go. Red meat for the Yampa Valley left. Oops, forgot that the Birkenstockers are vegans.

This woman is a shameless self-promoting entertainer, posing as a serious pundit. The closest thing to her on the left is Rachel Madow.

Get your undies in a knot if you want to about her speaking in Steamboat. That's what she's all about.

I'll take my conservatism from George Will or Charles Krauthhammer, thanks.

1999 2 years, 7 months ago

I agree with Taichi. Rick should have hired a real conservative who actually has some knowledge about the world.

He really should be embarrassed he choose an entertainer over a real conservative speaker. Doesn't look like Rick takes politics seriously when he hires baffoons like this.

I would have liked to have seen a real serious conservative speak. guess I'll save my money

Fred Duckels 2 years, 7 months ago

Ann uses truth in her presentations and that is essential for the humor to come out. Where are the liberals that can compare with her? It is hard to crack a smile while listening to the class warfare mantra. There is no humor here, only attempts to find a new wrinkle on victimization.

MrTaiChi 2 years, 7 months ago

Following on to Sled's comments, and as a nod to Fred's comments-

I got an e-mail once from an acquaintance that featured women of the right, Michele Bachman, Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin, (and a surprising number of others, whose names and images I can't now call to mind like the blond haired woman on The View), who by objective standards are attractive. Contrasted with this were shots of Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Bella Abzug, Maxine Waters, Rrosie O'Donnell and some other clock stoppers. Now all comparisons are odious, but is it a cardinal sin to indulge just a little speculation that those prominent left wing women, sharing in common that nature by-passed them when beauty genes were being handed out, were envious and angry little girls who carried the politics of envy and resentment into adulthood?

Fred, The issue with Ann Coulter is her intentionally being provacative. I'm not on a national stage, so my above remarks don't amount to much, but when she tears off the emotional scab of mothers who have had children killed in war and are expressing hatred of war generally, in my book, she violated my Yankee sense of manners and civility. She went on my list of people including O.J. Simpson and Jonathan Pollard, whom I wouldn't invite for ice tea on the side porch.

HowardRoark 2 years, 7 months ago

Anyone that likes or listens to Ann Coulter is a complete moron.

Steve Lewis 2 years, 7 months ago

Its your party, Rick.

We cannot help but notice the media void around Ron Paul. He came in 3rd, but NBC's coverage had much more about the 4th, 5th and 6th place candidates.

Is there any media source who is covering Ron Paul in proportion to his Iowa showing?

trump_suit 2 years, 7 months ago

I would basically agree with MR TaiChi here. Ann Coulter is part of the far right agenda just as Rachel Madow and company are part of the far left agenda. What really needs to happen is for both sides to calm their partisan rhetoric and actually work together to find common ground and solutions instead of the current environment of finger pointing, blame and gridlock.

Even here on the forum boards there are hints of broad agreement spattered with the ridiculous left/right comments that are really just personal attacks on the beliefs of others. Why does it have to be this way?

We need to elect people that will work/compromise towards the common needs of all Americans. As many have said, the difference between the Republicans and Democrats is about as wide as the thickness of a piece of paper. Why then are we so continually bombarded with the negative?

crimble 2 years, 7 months ago

Why is the moron coming to our great town? If any of you spend money to meet her, you might want to as her if she EVER GOT THE NUMBERS on how many Canadian troops were in Vietnam. lolanncoulter

HowardRoark 2 years, 7 months ago

seeuski: Ron Paul never said that first of all. Secondly he is the only honest candidate on the stage, and lastly your ignorance about him, and your slander are the cancer eating the soul of our country. You are a disgrace to all of the men and women who have died over the years for the freedoms you currently enjoy, and your ignorance will be rewarded with tyrrany. I hope that you remember that when you are wondering why you are starving to death in a concentration camp. If you seek someone to blame, look in the mirror. You disgust me.

steamboatsconscience 2 years, 7 months ago

Time to stock up on rotten tomatoes and lettuce. Just the thought of this #%@@&! c#% fouling the air here in Steamboat is enough to make me puke.She is vile and disgusting and will say and do anything to sell her trash books. Akin once again shows his penchant for dividing this community. His “There may be some protests, and that’s fine,” comment will prove to be prescient. Occupy the Gondola movement is about to begin!

Rick Akin 2 years, 7 months ago

Crimble, To answer your question, according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, approximately 30,000 Canadians fought in Vietnam, 110 were killed, and 7 remain listed as MIA.

Scott Wedel 2 years, 7 months ago

She is a skilled entertainer and the audience will most likely leave happy having received what they expected.

Other than that, who cares?

Scott Wedel 2 years, 7 months ago

Canada did not get involved militarily in the Vietnam War. Thus, the Canadian armed forces did not suffer casualties from the Vietnam War. There were 30,000 Canadians that joined the US military and did fight and so on.

But Ann Coulter's statement was that "Canada sent troops" which is not true because the Canadian military did not send troops.

But it is no big deal unless Ann Coulter needs to be considered infallible.

1999 2 years, 7 months ago

and the right wants Santorum?????

BAHAHAHAHA

I think that says it all about the GOP voting block.

exduffer 2 years, 7 months ago

Plain and simple folks, if you don't want to listen to what she has to say, don't buy a ticket.

ybul 2 years, 7 months ago

• see - find the actual sound bite for anyone to believe that. Just plain rubbish, I still would like you to point out one non-foreign policy issue that his policy is not the most sound. Just absurd, and his view on foreign policy would probably permit the use of foreign troops when one country invades another as that is not intervening in domestic issues.

1999 2 years, 7 months ago

ex....true but it would have been much nicer for all involved had Mr Aiken hired a credible conservative instead of the Howard Stern of conservatives. theres loads of them out there.

sadly I think Mr Aiken has just lost a whole lot of credibility with this move.

how can anyone take him seriously???? he chose a foul mouthed entertainer when a serious speaker is what we needed.

the_Lizard 2 years, 7 months ago

Ann Coulter has endorsed Romney and loooves Chris Christie, both of whom are moderate. I'm unsure how that makes her so radical right. I'm with 1999 I'd rather see a credible conservative speak. Did someone mention T. Sowell?

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

Tai Chi, You forgot to mention Joy "Maud" Behar, Barbara "save the fish" Boxer, Janet "burn 'em all and let god sort it out" Reno, Helen "get the jews out of Palestine" Thomas, Lynn "disbarred for helping terrorists" Stewart, Andrea "glad my mom didn't like abortion as much as I do" Dworkin and Janet "come one come all" Napolitano.

I saw the same poster online today. Quite a contrast. Those chicks could scare a Catahoula curr-dog off a meat wagon. Your theory might be valid.

Steamboatconscience, Coulter wrote about you personally in her latest book; about how the left is full of intolerance and how it has a mob mentality. Apparently she completely NAILED IT because before the ink dried the left had started the Occupy movement and showed the world, once again, that just about everything she said in her book was exactly right.

Lizzard, Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams speaking in this town would be like me talking to my dog about technical snowmobiling. I would go to hear them; I will not go to see Coulter.

sparkle 2 years, 7 months ago

Ann Coulter is toxic, and is a disgrace to her gender and country. Enjoy yourselves, one and all, as you once again worship the "Emperoress who has no cools." She is just a "greed head" and you are paying her way.

sedgemo 2 years, 7 months ago

Tai Chi and Sled,

Your "attractive" argument has no, um, clothes. You are speculating that the pinhead pinups (who typically get an easy ride throughout their lives) are more intelligent, and more electable, than a thoughtful, dedicated, educated and compassionate female could ever be, just because they don't attract you visually? What happens when those airheads get older, and no longer seem "attractive" to folks like you? Do they all suddenly turn into Liberals so you can then despise them??? Geez. Think with your other head for a change. Your mommas would be 'shamed.

bandmama 2 years, 7 months ago

125 bucks to hear Ms. Coulter's ummmmm views? No But I might be willing to pay that to see the rotten matoes thrown. Forget the lettuce and go for ski boots. May knock some of the arrogant crap from her mouth.

bandmama 2 years, 7 months ago

Willing to bet that comment wont stay up for long...

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

I don't recall speculating about their intellect, sedgemo. I was commenting about their beauty... or lack thereof. And you have to admit, Ann Coulter is smokin' hot.

What did you mean about "...thoughtful, dedicated, educated, compassionate..."

Are you saying Coulter or some of those conservativess lack those qualities?

Anne Lowe 2 years, 7 months ago

exduffer had one of the few mature posts - if you don't want to go, don't buy a ticket! If you want someone else here in Steamboat to speak, put out the effort to get them here. I even think Rick will help you. FYI, invitations were sent over the past year to many of the folks mentioned in some of the posts above to come share their ideas here in Steamboat including Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, and even Harry Reid. They would all have been given a respectful forum void of tomatoes or ski boots being thrown at them as some have suggested, but very graciously declined the invites. Lizard, please let us know if you are able to get Thomas Sowell here in the Boat. It's a great idea!

sedgemo 2 years, 7 months ago

Oh Sled, you were flatly implying that good leaders = attractive bodies, or vice versa. And no, I don't find Coulter attractive at all, either intellectually or physically. To be fair, though, I have never met her and don't care to. Wouldn't want her hands on any buttons, savvy?

Ben Tiffany 2 years, 7 months ago

The titles of Coulter's books are enough to convince me that she is shallow in her thinking. I think that she just enjoys provoking people,even moderates.She is probably good entertainment for those who agree with her point of view. I might be inclined to listen to her if she was not so abrasive and so disrespectful of those who disagree with her. There are many talking heads on all sides of the political spectrum;she's just one of the louder ones.

Marie Matta 2 years, 7 months ago

Mr Tai Chi and Sledneck - I am outraged by your demeaning comments about women in politics. Your characterisations of women on the left are offensive, and your focus on the women of the right as being "hot" is superficial and merely objectifies them, something that the feminist movement fought hard to change. There is still a serious under-representation of women in the political process in this so-called "advanced" country, and those who participate on either side of the political spectrum should be granted the courtesy of being evaluated on the basis of their ideas and the intellectual contribution they make, not for the "eye candy" they may or may not provide to a clearly troglodyte section of the population. What century is this? And aren't you the very people who would condemn Islam for its treatment of women? What hyprocrisy! It's easy to throw around these outrageous comments under the cover of anonymity, isn't it!

canyonwind 2 years, 7 months ago

SEE YOU SKI, Why don't you turn off FOX NEWS and move to Isreal......

STEAMBOAT CONCUSSION This lady should be your best friend, she has demonnized the only guy that can surly beat Obama and that is Ron Paul and if you are pro PEACE he should get your vote. OBAMA is a clone of GW BUSH when it comes to the war and as far as destroying the Constitution Obama has outdone BUSH with NDAA

THE LIZZARD thats what wrong with this nation, this LEFT vs RIGHT bs is what both parties hope to sell ,but when it comes to THE MILATARY and WALL STREET these guys and gals are the same, making deals and laughing at the public. I could just see GW BUSH and Nancy Pelosie doing lines of coke and taking shots in the oval office. With Ron Paul its all about the CONSTITUTION.

HOWARD ROAKE I see you get it and I hope you will be Caucasing for RON PAUL on FEB 7 2012

AND EVERYONE ELSE we should start a fund to buy SEEUSKI a one way ticket to Palastine ,Isreal, Iran or where ever he would feel at home since he seems to have it out for a true Patriot. IM sure he would get mad if I spoke ill of NETANYAHOO the man who gave Isreal HAMAS

MrTaiChi 2 years, 7 months ago

hard to type being a knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, troglodyte- There is some joy in being able to still inspire passion in women. Thanks for that. I won't suppose to speak for Sled, but in comparing the physical appearance of prominent conservative women to prominient liberal women, I am struck by the obvious violation of the law of averages, pointed out above. (Sled, we left out the concupiscent Barbara Mikulski) MM- your comments are valid. I note, however, that among feninists, there seems to be a recurrent illogic that men find so bewildering. Gloria Steinem, (the exception to the rule, but cancelled out by Betty Friedan) wants us to notice her with a glance, but not to stare or desire her. I didn't understand this until an epiphany that women don't dress and make themselves up for men, they do it for women. Now I get it. Mens' function is to be sperm donars and to thereafter protect and thrive the genes of the female they impregnated. Feminist credo: woman good, man bad

exduffer 2 years, 7 months ago

If Rick invited Ahmadinejad to speak, would that divide the community. Come on folks she is just a writer, we haven't elected her to anything, yet.

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

There are none more insane than the Paulbots. Ignore the statements that Paul himself makes and put words in his mouth that have never been spoken, the majority of non potheads are on to who Ron Paul is, and he will NEVER be POTUS. To answer the head in the sand crowd, Pauls former staffers are reiterating previous statements that are in line with the stance Paul has made in numerous debates and interviews, that he would ignore foreign threats and turn the other cheek. The fact that his former staffer is claiming that Paul said, "Dondero told me that Paul had made similar comments to him, that 'it was not worth it to intervene to save the Jews in World War II.'" "I don't think that's because he's an anti-Semite. It's because he’s an extreme isolationist and he’s trying to be 100% principled–he doesn't think there’s any reason to intervene for human rights or any other reason anywhere on the planet." Shapiro quoted Dondero as saying. I personally would disagree with Shapiro and say that Paul has proven that he is an anti-Semite. @Howard Roark, if I end up in a concentration camp it will be at the hands of the leftwing Marxist you voted into office. The Obama is proving his disdain for the rule of law and the Constitution over and over while you dodo's blame Bush. I warned all of you Socialist kinds a couple of years ago that we were heading for trouble and, as usual, I was condemned by the usual leftwing suspects here. The Obama army is preparing for violence and they have made it clear. You can blame me if it makes you feel better but I never voted for the Marxist, I am for limited Government and personal responsibility, not that which is occurring before our very eyes on a daily basis. Finally, I will vote for anyone but Obama and Paul. P.S. It is very interesting how many here who now support Paul, supported the BIG GOVERNMENT agenda of Obama, how can you explain the 180 degree contrast?

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

Ms. Matta, I am just a deacon in The Church of the Painful Truth. If you wish to log a complaint you must speak to the High Priest. And he's not in this week.

thalgard 2 years, 7 months ago

Sled...maybe you can ask her if you could caress her adam"s apple

HowardRoark 2 years, 7 months ago

Seeuski: You are stuck in the left-right paradigm of political talk; you are an intellectual infant. Ron Paul has been saying the same thing over and over again; limitted government, follow the constitution, states rights. His record is impeccable. The only thing the corporate establishment has on his are a few sentences written over 20 years ago by someone who worked in one of his many offices. Ron paul is not a racist, and if you think he is here is a video Ron Paul supports put together (Ron Paul did not put this video together, but his supporters did) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3qI77... People like you talk about the same thing over and over again; Bush did this, Obama did that, it's your fault because you voted for so and so...blah blah blah. Your rhetoric is really getting old, and your ignorance about what is really going on and your hubris driven pride of thinking that you know all of the answers and who to vote for is repulsive. Your lack of knowledge and superiority complex is what will put you into that concentration camp, not anyone else, so take a long look in the mirror, because you are nothing more that a Hitler supporter in 1936 Germany right now. You really, really disgust me. You may as well get a ticket to see Ann Coulter so that you can feel good about your views when you absorb her lies like have absorbed all of the lies the establishment has thrown at you. You are a fool.

SMRFF 2 years, 7 months ago

See - an extremely large number of those "Paulbots" happen to be none other than our men and women and uniform. In fact, Ron Paul has received nearly 7 times the amount of campaign contributions from those in uniform than Santorum and Romney combined.

We all know how highly you look upon our armed forces, so where is the disconnect?

I am about as far from being a Republican as one can be, but I would vote for Paul in a heartbeat if he were to ever win the nomination. While I don't agree with many of his personal social views, he is one of the few politicians who firmly believes it is not the government's place to legislate what US citizens do in their personal lives, regardless of whether or not he agrees with their personal choices.

On another note, how anyone can say Ann Coulter is "smokin hot" is unfathomable. While Fox News has a plethora of attractive female commentators/anchors, she is not one of them. If you don't turn your TV on mute, however, those attractive female Fox reporters become undesirable very quickly.

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

I still say she is hot. Loooooooooonnnnggggg legs and all.

"...it is not the governments place to legislate what US citizens do..." Sympatico on that, SMRFF. Totally.

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

@HowardRoark Baaam! You can't answer the questions so you revert to ignorant personal rants. Calling out a Jewish American whose family was decimated in Poland by the Nazis makes you righteous? Hardly. The book on Ron Paul is clear to anyone who listens to his own words from his own mouth, I don't need an edited video made by the (neoCon) Paulbots, those who voted for Obama and are now somehow oh so Tea Partyish, to spin reality. No, I can use actual soundbites. And only fools who fell for the Obama lies in 2008 would now fall for the Paul lies in 2012. Ron Puke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAm8Qd...

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

"But there is one Big Lie that Mr. Paul’s supporters like to throw out there that really gets my dander up. It gets my dander up because it annoys so many people who are bravely defending this country day in and day out while standing on a wall and in the line of enemy fire. Something that few people, even ravenous Paulbots, have the courage to do. I hear it every day because the election is upon us. The Paulbot emails me and says, “Ron Paul has more support from the military than any other candidate!” Military personnel email me every day telling me that on base there is at best one Ron Paul supporter and how frustrated they are that the Paulbots are telling this Big Lie." http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/43742

@canyonpee I know you would like nothing more than to get all the Jeooows rounded up in one place so the Caliphate can carry out their stated goal all in one easy swoop. http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/01/hamas-imam-please-allah-kill-all-the-jews.html The people that Ron Paul says will live with us in peace if we leave them alone.

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

Big government abroad is incompatible with small government at home. Ludwig von Mises and othere warned us of that and we have historical examples such as Rome to show us that nations that become empires usurp liberty from their citizens EVERY SINGLE TIME.

In 2003 it was Sadam Hussein, before that it was Mullah Omar, Slobodan Milosevic, Somalia's Mohammad Farrah Adid. Before that it was Panama's Noriega. Before that it was meddling in Haiti, Nicaragua, Honduras, Vietnam, North Korea and on & on & on & on...... Now it's Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Yemen. And our pump is already being primed for Iran.

Ron Paul would probably not have taken us into ANY of these conflicts.

Had we not been sticking our collective nose in the affairs of the Arab world 9-11 would most likely never happened. If it had never happened then things like the Patriot Act would never have been inflicted on us. Therefore, running around the world claiming to be defending freedom has ultimately backfired on us and cost us our own. Not to mention the money, which pales in comparison to the loss of human lives and the ill-will that has been cultivated.

THAT, Seeuski, is why so many people relate to Ron Paul, NOT because we are all a bunch of goose-stepping nazis.

HowardRoark 2 years, 7 months ago

@seeuski: It is a FACT that Ron Paul has recieved more money from active duty military then all the candidates combined, and for you to ignore this fact really shows your ignorance. If this was not true, then all the other candidates would have something to say about this truth every time Ron Paul mentions it, but there it is, on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and during all of the debates. The FACT is that you are so wrapped in the fear that an Iranian will crawl out of your toiled in the middle of the night and slit your throat when you sleep. I think I know who you are now; not so long ago in the Steamboat record a woman called the police because someone had broken into her home and left a floater in her toilet and she was certain it was not her's; that must have been you, and clearly an Iranian left that floater. Let me let you in on a little secret; Iran can't even make enough gasoline to run their own country, thats a FACT. The IAEA has repeatedly stated that Iran is not capable of a nuclear weapon and thats another FACT. You want speculation? 9-11 was an inside job carried out by corrupt government, banking and military officials within a global syndicate in order to make fools you like fear others and want to bomb brown people. You are nothing more then a scared little sheep; better check your toilet.

Brian Kotowski 2 years, 7 months ago

Having always been enamored of smart-a$$ed satire, I often enjoy Ann Coulter, and just as often am irritated by her. Provocation for it's own sake gets tiresome. But sled is right, and it brings to mind Eddie Murphy from a marginal movie: "How long does it take to shave those legs, anyway?"

Brian Kotowski 2 years, 7 months ago

Whoops. Shoulda been '...its own sake..' Mea culpa.

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

@sledneck, I don't lump all together as you say,"because we are all a bunch of goose-stepping nazis", but there are plenty who follow Paul that fit that description. Mr. Roark certainly exposes himself in his posts. As far as the Islamic threat we face, I am truly saddened that a seemingly wise man like yourself chooses to forge your opinion on this threat based on something other than the truth. Just look up the Marine Corps battle cry and the history of our Marines as to why we needed them then and you will see that even back then you can't blame the Jewish State of Israel or our Foreign Policy on the actions of those long ago Jihadis. You should pay attention to what is happening in Europe and around the World as to the recent actions of the Global Caliphate. Burying your collective heads in the sand won't eliminate the threat that HAS been leveled at us, 9/11 may have been exposed a calamity of our so called readiness, but it was not an inside job as Ron Paul and many of his supporters continue to espouse. When Iran hands off one of their nukes to someone in Venezuela or Lebanon Mr. Roark won't be able to flush the damage away at his toilet. Roark, you sir are a dang fool.

rhys jones 2 years, 7 months ago

"Once a Marine, always a Marine" and this one agrees with Mr. Roark. I don't know why we're wasting billions of dollars fighting an imagined (or manufactured) foe halfway around the planet, when our real enemy is right here at home. Unless it's to make a few people a bunch of money.

Call me a fool too, because we have more to fear from our own Federal Reserve than from all the Irans in the world. The Fed's world-domination plan is going to blow up in their face, taking this whole country with it. Soon we will all be paid in yuans, which will dominate the world markets. Who is burying their "collective heads in the sand"? Those who buy their politics at the company store.

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

See, My opinion has not been forged. It is dynamic and able to change.

Big government abroad is diametrically opposed to constitutional government at home. No man can, without hypocricy, favor preemptive war after preemptive war after war and also claim to be a supporter of the constitution.

Jefferson understood the Declaration and Constitution quite well. In his first inaugural address he said "Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none."

In his farewell address Washington warned us to stay out of the affairs of Europe.

I feel like I am in good company. You are free to believe what you wish.

rhys jones 2 years, 7 months ago

"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -- Thomas Jefferson

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

Rhys, That quote is on the wall of my shop; right above the door. It goes on to say that "...the issuing power of {our} currency should be taken from the banks and returned to the people..."

It reads like a play-by-play of the last few years, no??

It is unfortunate that 99% of the population can't grasp fractional-reserve banking, paper currency, inflation, or they are just not interested.

I remember my grandfather blamed strange weather on the moon landing (I kid you not). Today people blame the price of gas on "big oil". The price of their groceries on ... whatever... They never ponder if it might be their currency (their government bank) which is robbing them...

Inflation is THE MOST INSIDIOUS WAY that government robs its people.

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

@sled We don't disagree on the issues like the FED or other big Government problems, we disagree on the actual threat and activities of the enemy, Islam, on our future. I posted the Muslim Brotherhood manifesto on these blogs months ago that laid out in no uncertain terms what they intended to do to "destroy our miserable house from within". The manifesto was a large part of our Governments evidence in the Holyland Foundation trial. We can ignore the actions of our enemies at our own peril but they are dreaming of an event that dwarfs 9/11, which Ron Paul believes we brought on ourselves, rubbish. I could never support a man for POTUS who has stated that these same people "want peace if we just leave them alone". I just happen to be a realist, not a dreamer, and you need to look no further than Europe to see where we are headed. I also would add that the company you are enjoying voted for Obama once and would again against most other Republican Candidates, I find that telling because there were no illusions of Obama wanting limited government while he campaigned in 2008, how can these Paul supporters today make such claims?

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

See, There is no legal remedy to the threat of which you speak. No law can cure the heart of man. Any acts these people might take (like bombing, killing, etc) are ALREADY illegal. Law can not preempt all possible actions of men without making all men slaves.

If americans are so weak in their faith and morality as to succome to the onslaught of Islam then there is nothing law can do to change that without destroying our freedom.

The way I see it, the cure might be worse than the disease.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

I agree sledneck, we just need to use our Constitution and we will be properly protected from the enemy "foreign and domestic', Ron Paul just won't be the one to git er done. Blaming victims of daily rocket attacks and terrorist incursions and accusing our Ally of creating a concentration camp just puts emphasis on why the man ought to get a check up from the neck up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...

YIKES!

Now please excuse me while I take a Tebow time out, GO TEBOW!!!

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

See, Pauls foreign policy is not his strong suit. I'll give ya' that.

But...

I heard last night that Ron Paul has recieved donations from more military personelle than the rest of the candidates COMBINED. I think it might be because they, more than anybody, are sick of delivering pizza and going on snipe-hunts in third-world crap holes... especially when they aren't even allowed to win.

What's your take on why military personelle are giving to Paul so much more than others??

seeuski 2 years, 7 months ago

I find it very interesting that the Military is being used as propaganda by the Paul campaign, it has been disproved with as much evidence as it is being touted by the bots. My problem with your proposition is that the Military is comprised by those who choose to serve and join on their own fruition, I have heard these men and women portray their reasons as being able to go over and fight the enemy over there, we know who the enemy is don't we sled? So for me to believe that the majority of these men and women of such valor would support a man who says things like: "The USA created Al'Quiada and Israel created Hamas" or, 'If we just leave them alone they will live in peace with us" or, "Why wouldn't it be natural that Iran might want a nuclear weapon? Internationally they would be given more respect." - Ron Paul, Aug. 10, 2011 debate -

No sled, I don't believe the propaganda whether it comes from the Obama left or the Paul left. And one last thing my friend, there is a big difference between those that are "anti war" and those who hate war but understand that America is under attack and we must defend ourselves. War sucks, I hate it, but we didn't declare it, they did.

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

The stats came from Fox News, I think.

Bombing cities and then rebuilding them while our enimies watch from the shadows is not how wars are won. Defense does not require 743 military bases around the globe.

Total destruction of the enemy is how wars are won. Either make the whole country glow in the dark for 1,000 years or make it the 51st state of America. THATS how wars are won!

But if you are a military contractor that would be like killing your only customer.

Why don't you tell me why it is NOT "natural for Iran to wan a nuke"??? I can't blame them. Everybody in the region that DIDNT have one got invaded by us or Russia.