Monday, December 10, 2012
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
Submit your memories of the past 50 years of Steamboat Ski Area.
• Police arrested a 48-year-old man Sunday morning on suspicion of first-degree murder in connection with the death of another man in downtown Craig. Craig man arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder
• Some notable business owners in Steamboat Springs aren't fans of the city's plan to sell its emergency services building to a triumvirate of local outdoor retailers. Opposition to sale of public safety campus becoming more organized
• The fast moving storm that dropped 8 inches of Steamboat Ski Area on Saturday was welcome for skiers and riders, but was blamed for several car crashes Saturday as road conditions in town deteriorated. More snow could be on its way to Steamboat this week
• Australia’s Belle Brockhoff, riding for the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, earned her country’s first World Cup podium Saturday, scoring a third-place finish in a snowboard cross event in Austria. Steamboat Winter Sports Club snowboarder lands podium spot
• The 2013 U.S. Snowboarding Team was announced Saturday at Copper Mountain and the list is overflowing with Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club athletes. Steamboat lands 5 on U.S. Snowboarding Team
• This year the tournament drew 78 players, about a 10 percent bump up from last year. The field included nine junior players. Tennis tournament a hit, sees bump in participation
The Record for Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012
Yule Log Clue No. 1
Steamboat briefs: Annual hunt for Yule Log begins today
Deb Babcock: Let worms do the work for you
Monday Medical: 3 ways to de-stress the holidays
County Agenda for Dec. 10 and 11