Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
As of this morning, Steamboat Springs is trailing Crested Butte in the Powder Magazine Ski Town Throwdown contest. Go and vote.
• After being presented Tuesday night with a list of four search firms that want to help find a replacement for former City Manager Jon Roberts, the council agreed to delay the process until it lays out clear expectations for the top city employee. Steamboat Springs City Council in no hurry to hire next city manager
• Every year, Steamboat Springs Middle School Principal Tim Bishop gets calls from educators across the state who want to know the same thing: How does your school do so well? Routt County schools to be recognized for excellence by state
• The Steamboat Springs community has some choices to make when it comes to marijuana, and local officials are encouraging residents to voice their opinions. Steamboat Springs residents urged to share opinions on pot
• Steamboat Springs-based SmartWool has partnered with Vail Resorts to open a SmartWool store — the first in North America — in the upscale Beaver Creek Village. SmartWool store opens in Beaver Creek
• Steamboat Springs skier Anna Marno is off to a blistering start to the season with three podiums on the Alpine NorAm tour. Steamboat Springs skier Anna Marno making waves on NorAm circuit
• In 30 days, Delaney Ziegman, Mical Hutson, Mary Nelson and Sherry Larson completed 50,000 words of their novels-in-progress. Novel writing a social affair for Steamboat's NaNoWriMo participants
• Another Central Park Plaza business will be gone in January. Blockbuster is leaving its 3,066-square-foot store between Walmart and City Market by Jan. 20. Central Park Plaza Blockbuster to close in January
• Routt County teams play this weekend, highlighted by Soroco hosting a wrestling tournament. Routt County teams prepare for weekend action
The Record for Tuesday, Dec 4, 2012
Mary Walker: Celebrating Christmas in Kenya
Steamboat briefs: Thursday is deadline to vote for Steamboat in ski town contest
Yes, I love SmartWool.
No, it would compete with stores that carry SmartWool.
I don't buy SmartWool, so I don't care.
310 total votes.