Updated August 27, 2012 at 6:36 a.m.
Weather: Monday should be mostly sunny with highs in the 80s, but Steamboat could see some scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
• The Routt County Sheriff's Office and investigators from the National Transporation Safety Board on Sunday continued their investigation of a plane crash discovered in Routt County on Saturday and the death of the plane's only occupant. Investigators still working to determine when plane crashed north of Milner
• When Lesa Radford started a small Montessori school on Pine Street in 1996, she embraced a big challenge. Steamboat Springs Montessori to kick off school year with new energy
• Why do leaves turn color in the fall? Why are most of the colors more muted here in the West than the bright reds, oranges and peach colors of the East? Deb Babcock: Why leaves change color
• September is National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, and Yampa Valley Medical Center is bringing a world-renowned speaker to Steamboat Springs to address this vital topic. Monday Medical: Acclaimed prostate cancer expert to speak in Steamboat
• The Record for Saturday, Aug. 25
• Steamboat briefs: CDOT work could cause delays west of Steamboat
• Mary White emerged atop the standings Saturday after the two-round Steamboat Women’s Golf Association championship at Steamboat Golf Club. Mary White wins Steamboat Women’s Golf Association title
• Two weeks of practice and a scrimmage Saturday helped, Soroco High School football coach David Bruner explained. Most Routt County prep sports seasons about to start
Nation and world
• Drought might affect fall foliage Aspen Daily News
• John Walker Lindh Sues For Prison Prayer Group NPR
• Tropical Storm Isaac heads for U.S. Gulf Coast Reuters
• Jackson Hole May Disappoint Investors Primed For Stimulus Bloomberg
• Before Gunfire, Hints of ‘Bad News’ The New York Times