Updated August 21, 2012 at 7:06 a.m.
• Cutting-edge 4G LTE cellular service could be in place in parts of Routt County by the end of the year. And new cell towers could improve coverage for everyone in the area. 4G LTE cell service coming to Steamboat
• The Routt County Board of Commissioners will consider Tuesday whether to spend as much as $105,000 to contract with a local engineering firm to create construction drawings for right-of-way work that is part of the future straightening of Routt County Road 14 on the way to Stagecoach Reservoir. Routt County could spend $105K on C.R. 14 engineering
• "For my summer vacation, I went to hell and back. I waved to Lucifer while I was there but was very careful not to bump into him. " Tom Ross: A raft trip to hell and back
• After their youngest son, Owen, graduated from Steamboat Springs High School in June, Susan Mc Intosh and her husband, Rusty, moved back to Mississippi. But the mother still is a star in the Steamboat Springs School District. Susan McIntosh named Steamboat Springs' 2012 'Friend of Education'
• Author of the recently published “Red Ink: Inside the High Stakes Politics of the Federal Budget” and the economics editor for The Wall Street Journal David Wessel addressed the crowd at the 10th anniversary dinner for Seminars at Steamboat. David Wessel wraps up Seminars at Steamboat series
• The Focus Bridge north of Steamboat Springs on Routt County Road 129 closed for repairs Monday, according to a Routt County Road and Bridge Department news release. Focus Bridge on Routt County Road 129 north of Steamboat closed
• "Two very large constellations, Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer and Hercules the Strong Man, take up a large chunk of our late-summer sky. We see them standing head to head, high up in the southern sky as darkness falls." Jimmy Westlake: The giants of summer
• Steamboat briefs: Parents of 6th-graders reminded about vaccines
• The Record for Aug. 19, 2012
• Hayden’s first 8-man football season hasn’t even started, but when the Tigers kick things off at 7 p.m. Aug. 31 at home against Belleview Christian, they’ll do so with some expectations. Hayden football ranked No. 7 in Denver Post preseason poll
• Steamboat Springs mountain bikers have been racking up podiums at Gunnison’s 24 Hours in the Sage mountain bike race since it debuted 11 years ago. Steamboat riders top podium in Gunnison mountain bike race
Nation and world
• Tyler Farrar, of Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda, won the first stage of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge
• Congressman Akin resists pressure to quit race
• Pussy Riot members face threat of violence in Russian jail, lawyer warns