2011 Sailors boys soccer schedule
- Sept. 6: Steamboat 3, Summit 2
- Sept. 8: Steamboat 4, Glenwood Springs 1
- Sept. 10: Steamboat 7, Salida 2
- Sept. 15: Steamboat 3, Moffat County 3
- Sept. 17: Steamboat 2, Battle Mountain 1
- Sept. 20: Steamboat 3, Glenwood Springs 0
- Sept. 24: Centaurus 3, Steamboat 1
- Sept. 27: Steamboat 5, Palisade 0
- Sept. 30: Steamboat 5, Jefferson Academy 0
- Oct. 1: Steamboat 7, Eagle Valley 4
- Oct. 8: Steamboat 5, Palisade 0
- Oct. 13: Battle Mountain 3, Steamboat 2
- Oct. 15: Steamboat 3, Colorado Academy 1
- Oct. 18: Steamboat 7, Eagle Valley 1
- Oct. 20: Steamboat 5, Moffat County 0
- Oct. 27: Steamboat 1, D'Evelyn 0
- Oct. 29: Air Academy 6, Steamboat 0
Steamboat Springs The Steamboat Springs High School boys soccer team lost for the first time this season, falling, 3-1, on Saturday at Centaurus.
The Sailors (5-1-1) struggled in the first half and gave up two late goals for the final decision.
Centaurus got a penalty kick goal in the first minute to take an early lead. Steamboat answered late in the first half with a Mac Noel goal to go into the break tied at 1.
Still, the first half for Steamboat wasn’t sharp.
“It wasn’t the right mentality going into the game,” Steamboat coach Rob Bohlmann said. “I think it’s a thing we learned. We were on the road overnight, and it’s an early game. No matter what the situation is or the time of the day, you got to have that proper desire. You have to be sharp.”
The Sailors were better in the second half and saw two shots hit the post. But with about 15 minutes remaining, Centaurus got the go-ahead goal. Steamboat was forced to press up, and Centaurus added another late tally.
“It was just one of those things where we have to be mentally prepared,” Bohlmann said. “We have to go into a game, no matter the situation or opponent, and realize it comes down to us.
Steamboat next plays at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Palisade.