2011 Tigers volleyball schedule
- Sept. 6: Hayden 3, Rifle 0
- Sept. 9: Hayden 0, Meeker 3
- Sept. 13: Moffat County 3, Hayden 1
- Sept. 16: Soroco 4, Hayden 0
- Sept. 17: Hayden volleyball splits Saturday doubleheader at home
- Sept. 20: Hayden 3, Little Snake River 2
- Sept. 23: Hayden 3, West Grand 0
- Sept. 24: Rangely 3, Hayden 0
- Sept. 25 at Vail Mountain, TBA
- Oct. 1: Hayden 3, North Park 1; Hayden 3, Vail Mountain 1
- Oct. 8: Hayden 3, Soroco 0; Hayden 3, West Grand 0
- Oct. 14: Little Snake River, Wyo. 3, Hayden 1
- Oct. 15: Hayden 3, Plateau Valley 1
- Oct. 21: Vail Mountain 3, Hayden 0
- Oct. 22: Hayden 3, Vail Christian 2
- Oct. 25: Hayden volleyball beats West Grand in playoff match
- Oct. 29: Hayden finishes season with win but won't move on
Steamboat Springs It was a bittersweet win for Hayden coach Holli Palmer but an important one for her Tigers.
Hayden won for the third time in its past four games Friday night, pulling off the four game sweep. It was nice, Palmer said, even though the win game at the expense of her alma mater, where five generations of her family have played, and her younger sister, who suited up for the Mustangs.
“It was tough, a really emotional night, but our girls knew that, and they played well,” Palmer said.
Hayden won, 25-17, 25-17, 25-19. The Rams will try to carry their momentum into a 3 p.m. game today against Western Slope frontrunner Rangely.
“This was a total team effort. We played three consistent games. We passed well, we set well, and we put the ball down on the other side,” Palmer said. “Now we’re looking forward to Rangely. That’s going to be a tough game. It’s going to define who we are as a team. It’s our homecoming game, so we’re fired up and ready to go.”