Saturday, October 1, 2011
2011 Tigers volleyball schedule
- Sept. 6: Hayden 3, Rifle 0
- Sept. 9: Hayden 0, Meeker 3
- Sept. 13: Moffat County 3, Hayden 1
- Sept. 16: Soroco 4, Hayden 0
- Sept. 17: Hayden volleyball splits Saturday doubleheader at home
- Sept. 20: Hayden 3, Little Snake River 2
- Sept. 23: Hayden 3, West Grand 0
- Sept. 24: Rangely 3, Hayden 0
- Sept. 25 at Vail Mountain, TBA
- Oct. 1: Hayden 3, North Park 1; Hayden 3, Vail Mountain 1
- Oct. 8: Hayden 3, Soroco 0; Hayden 3, West Grand 0
- Oct. 14: Little Snake River, Wyo. 3, Hayden 1
- Oct. 15: Hayden 3, Plateau Valley 1
- Oct. 21: Vail Mountain 3, Hayden 0
- Oct. 22: Hayden 3, Vail Christian 2
- Oct. 25: Hayden volleyball beats West Grand in playoff match
- Oct. 29: Hayden finishes season with win but won't move on
Steamboat Springs The Hayden High School volleyball team pushed its record above .500 on Saturday, picking up a pair of league wins.
Hayden (6-5) beat North Park and Vail Mountain, 3-1, each, capping off a successful homecoming weekend.
“The first thing (Friday) morning we had practice,” Tigers coach Holli Palmer said. “They were upset with that, but it’s that mental toughness that we keep working on. We used that type of tool (Saturday). They were exhausted but that mental toughness got them through.”
The team also might be starting to get used to its first-year coach. After struggling with consistency throughout much of the early season, the Tigers have started to put it together as a team.
Palmer said she senses her team is starting to prioritize and that the older players on the team are realizing the season is winding down.
With the league still open, Palmer thinks the Tigers still can slot in near the top.
“The girls are getting used to the speed of the game,” she said. “There is a lot of leadership coming out, and they’re holding each other accountable.”
Hayden next plays another couple of games Saturday in West Grand. The team will play West Grand and Soroco.