2011 Sailors girls soccer schedule
- March 10 to 12 Colorado Academy Tournament: Steamboat 4, Frontier Academy 2; Steamboat 2, Middle Park 2; Steamboat 6, Vail Mountain School 0
- March 18: Steamboat 3, Battle Mountain 2
- March 26: Steamboat 6, Eagle Valley 1
- April 2: Steamboat 6, Delta 0
- April 7: Steamboat 6, Eagle Valley 3
- April 9: Glenwood Springs 4, Steamboat 1
- April 11: Steamboat 3, Moffat County 0
- April 15: Steamboat 3, Palisade 2
- April 28: Glenwood Springs 2, Steamboat Springs 1
- May 3: Steamboat 2, Battle Mountain 1
- May 4: Steamboat 2, Moffat County 0
- May 5: Steamboat 2, Delta 0
- May 6: Palisade 2, Steamboat 0
- May 11: Skyline 3, Steamboat 0
Steamboat Springs Four games in four days finally seemed to get to the Steamboat Springs High School girls soccer team.
With shaky legs, the Sailors were hoping to top Palisade on Friday to increase their seed in the playoffs. Palisade needed to win to make it into the playoffs. Steamboat lost, 2-0.
On Thursday, the team wrapped up second place in the Western Slope League with a 2-0 win at Delta.
With a win Friday, Steamboat also was hoping to improve their chances at gaining a first-round home game in the playoffs.
“At the end of the day, there just wasn’t quite enough juice in the legs to get the job done,” coach Rob Bohlmann said.
He said Friday’s match had a lot of energy on both sides, and he described it as a pretty frantic game.
“Both teams saw equal opportunities to create goals,” Bohlmann said.
He said Palisade was able to come away with two nice goals in the second half.
The tournament brackets come out Sunday. Bohlmann said he expected the team would be given a seed between No. 15 and 20.
The Sailors are on the bubble to reach one of their goals for the season. With a No. 16 or better seed, the Sailors will earn a home playoff match.
— To reach Matt Stensland, call 970-871-4247 or email mstensland@SteamboatToday.com