Steamboat Springs School District picks 4 superintendent finalists
Candidates to interview with public, board next week
Saturday, June 11, 2011
- Fulton is K-12 assistant superintendent in the Tacoma School District in Washington, according to her résumé. She has held that position since 2009. Previously, her positions included director of K-12 schools in the Douglas County School District in Colorado, K-8 principal at Mapleton Public Schools in Colorado, and executive director of curriculum and instruction for Denver Public Schools. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Northern Colorado, a Master of Arts degree from the University of Colorado-Denver and a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Denver.
- Johnstone is principal of Spangler Elementary in the St. Vrain Valley School District in Longmont, according to her résumé. She has held the position since 2007. She previously was a principal and an assistant principal at two elementary schools in Greeley District 6 and a fifth-grade bilingual teacher at schools in Longmont and Commerce City. Johnstone has a Bachelor of Arts from MacMurray College in Jacksonville, Ill., a Master of Arts from the University of Northern Colorado and a Doctor of Educational Leadership from the University of Northern Colorado.
- Meeks is superintendent of Farmington Area Public Schools in Farmington, Minn., according to his résumé. He has held the position since 2003. His previous positions include superintendent of Aberdeen School District in Aberdeen, S.D., and principal and assistant principal positions in Sioux Falls and Elk Point, S.D. He has two Bachelor of Science degrees from Northern State University in Aberdeen, S.D., a Master of Science from Northern State and a Doctor of Education from the University of South Dakota.
- Villers is superintendent of the Custer County School District in Colorado, according to his résumé. He has held the position since 2006. His previous positions include secondary principal in Custer County and director, manager and financial officer at Horn Creek, a Christian camp and conference grounds west of Pueblo. He has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Southern Colorado, a Bachelor of Science degree from Evangel College and a Master of Education degree from Liberty University.
More like this story
- Steamboat focuses on 2 in superintendent search
- Steamboat superintendent candidates ready for the spotlight
- Steamboat School Board narrows field to 2 superintendent candidates
- Steamboat school district hopes to settle on superintendent tonight
- Steamboat School Board picks Meeks as top superintendent candidate