The Jail Report for July 9 to 15

Saturday, July 9

Emily Rebecca Fisken, 27, Steamboat Springs — Driving under the influence, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, disregarding a stop sign (Colorado State Patrol)

Sunday, July 10

Donald Scott Kidder, 46, Steamboat — DUI, no insurance, speeding, second-degree assault on a peace officer, third-degree assault on a peace officer, resisting arrest (CSP)

Joseph Frances Clyves, 47, Steamboat — DUI, weaving, stopping in a crosswalk (Steamboat Springs Police Department)

Sara Ann Snook, 41, Steamboat — DUI, driving on the wrong side of the road (SSPD)

Ray Irwin Curtis, 24, Steamboat — Violating a protective order, failure to register as a sex offender (SSPD)

Monday, July 11

Louis Christopher Bedowitz, 41, Denver — DUI, failure to signal (SSPD)

Suzanne Michelle Gibson, 42, Steamboat — Fraud and deceit, attempted possession of a Schedule 3 drug (SSPD)

David William Starbuck Tilton, 30, Fountain Valley, Calif. — DUI, DUI per se, speeding (SSPD)

Tuesday, July 12

Jeffery Sean Truslow, 21, Walden — Contempt of court (SSPD)

Heather Rogell, 35, Steamboat — Failure to appear (DUI) (Out of county)

Wednesday, July 13

Jonathan David Crook, 30, Denver — Third-degree assault (SSPD)

Thursday, July 14

Molley Erin Claeys, 29, Elkhorn, Neb. — Driving under the influence of drugs, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving an uninsured motor vehicle (CSP)

Caitlin Campagna, 20, Hayden — Violating a protective order (SSPD)

Scott Kirby Chandler, 29, Steamboat — DUID, open container (CSP)

Ryan Paul Miller, 23, Steamboat — Harassment, second-degree burglary (SSPD)

Friday, July 15

Carissa Brittany Schultz, 25, Steamboat — DUI, open container, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, failure to signal, improper stopping (CSP)

Mark Joseph Ehrhart, 54, Brentwood, Calif. — DUI, speeding (SSPD)

Elizabeth Ann Christensen, 42, Steamboat — Fugitive of justice (Routt County Sheriff’s Office)

Phillip James Rubin, 67, Steamboat — DUI, no insurance (CSP)

Robert Lawrence Kidder, 49, Oak Creek — Harassment (RCSO)

Joseph Charles Webb, 35, Steamboat — DUI, driving under restraint, open container, failure to use turn signal (CSP)

Comments

JJ Southard 3 years, 1 month ago

This week was a very busy drunk driver week!!

Gota love alcohol!!

exduffer 3 years, 1 month ago

If we could just keep them on the pickleball court.

rhys jones 3 years, 1 month ago

Drunk Town USA -- it's a cash industry here. We tacitly encourage drinking and driving. Faced with the choice of one or the other, I'll just drink and bus. Keep your damn license -- I ain't playing. Cheers!!

fartpark 3 years, 1 month ago

Driving Under The Influence of Drugs. Smoke em' if you got em'

Phoebe Hackman 3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks. And what's the difference between a DUI and a DUI per se? Why would someone be charged with both? (Yes, I am an idiot.)

spidermite 3 years, 1 month ago

Phoebe, Your not an idiot. No one has answered you because they don't know. I called dispatch for the SO and PD and they don't know. In the dictionary "per se" means intrinsically, considered independently of other things. Intrinsically means - contained completely within an organ or part. So there you have it. Whatever it is don't speed if you have been drinking. You will be charged twice.

Phoebe Hackman 3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks, spider. My body has a built in safety feature (I fall asleep after one beer, lol!), but if I am ever charged with ANTYTHING per se, I hope my attorney knows what it is!

Phoebe Hackman 3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks, Jeff! That answered my question perfectly!

rhys jones 3 years, 1 month ago

Phoebe -- I am sure some of the legal atrocities which occurred in my last go-round, before, during, and after arrest, not to mention trial, are appealable -- based on errors in law, not fact -- just as I am sure I can afford no such appeal. I was a dolt, arrogant in my indignance and sure right would prevail. Awarded no PD and unable to afford an attorney (or so I errantly thought) I defended myself, thought I knew the law. But when it came to show time, I missed lots of things I should have known better than. I was confident that obviously- and provably-fabricated evidence would disqualify the cop's testimony, yet somehow the honorable Court let it slide as a "mistake." To this day a nystagmus test which never occurred exists as fact in the record. My breath sample disappeared, and was hence denied -- what test? I didn't object to hearsay evidence, nor theatrics. I dropped the ball, costing me my license. Therefore I highly endorse the last recommendation in Jeff's link above: Get an attorney.

And if you're ever on River Road after dark, and a set of headlights comes flying up in your rearview, at 60 MPH at least, not to slow down until it's 10 feet off your bumper, at the apex of the tightest curve just north of Tree Haus -- DON"T SWERVE!! KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR LANE!! I've seen that trick at least 4 times at that curve, and this night it got me -- I swerved maybe 6 inches over the line for less than 10 feet, so alarmed was I, only realizing at the last second my mistake, right before the red lights came on. That's I-said-you-said at trial, hardly worth mentioning, especially in light of other more grievous abuses. But it happened, and that's what got me back in the machine -- then out. I thought I'd miss driving more, but I don't miss gas prices.

Still, if it gets to be an issue, get a lawyer, then try to get work-release. If you check into jail on Friday night, the free biscuits and gravy Saturday morning are the best in town. Sorta makes me want to start driving again...

Phoebe Hackman 3 years, 1 month ago

Sorry that happened to you, Rhys :-( I've hear of similar stories over the years, so I've turned keeping a low profile into an art form, lol. Here's hoping the local PD is so busy enforcing the new noise ordinance, they won't have enough time or manpower for these kinds of shenanigans. Biscuits and gravy are not on my diet. :-)

jerry carlton 3 years, 1 month ago

I have lived here 14 years in September and have been stopped once by SSPD, zero times by RCS, and zero times by CSP. The Officer was very polite and let me off with a warning for running a red light on Lincoln while westbound and looking directly into the sun. I drove professionaly for about 10 of those years with a Class B CDL. I had over 300,000 miles over Rabbit Ears over a period of 6 Years. The DUI limit for a CDL is 1/2 the limit for a regular license, .04. I was always very careful to drink only one beer when I would be driving after I had a beer. Having never smoked anything in my life, I had no problem complying with the DUID laws. I wonder if peoples attitude towards law enforcement has any thing to do with the outcome when they have interactions with law enforcement? I am strongly pro law enforcement having worked as a corrections officer in Washington state for 5 years so maybe that has something to do with my positive outcome here. The best way to avoid these problems is do not drink or drug at all if you will be driving. Stay home and get drunk or stoned.

bandmama 3 years, 1 month ago

Now, that Jerry just takes all the fun out of being able to operate a motor vehicle, doesn't it? JUST KIDDING! Great advice. been in the valley about ten years and have been stopped a few times, once for not knowing that my front plate was sitting sideways from parking to close to a snowbank, once for (soooo embarrassed to admit this) but for having the tags (yr and month) in the reverse positions on the said plate. Both times the officer was polite and professional. The SO was extremely kind when my old 14 plus yr old doggie escaped and was found wandering on HWY 40 at one am, and not only called me, but brought the dog home and carried him in the house and made sure the dog and I were ok. Been arounds bands a few times also, during gigs any altercations between those who had imbibed to much were always handled well. Cant complain.

Jeff_Kibler 3 years, 1 month ago

Other than an SSPD officer trying to run me over outside the OTP to examine my ice water as a potential open bottle violation, I have had positive experiences with local law enforcement. (talk about a run-on sentence)

My car spun-out on an ice rink road, did better than a 180, ended up jammed in a snow bank. The best part? I ended up downhill on a blind curve just waiting to get rammed from the rear. I had already called 911, but a very nice and polite officer happened by, made sure I was OK, then parked behind me up the hill with lights-a-flashing.

He stayed until I was towed out of the bank, then we all went on our merry ways. I should have asked his name, just to send a big Thank You.