- July 15: Jim Crawford discusses Steamboat Springs’ founding father with “James H. Crawford: Military Man, Town Founder, Politician and So Much More.”
- July 22: Local historian and rancher Jim Stanko discusses “Cemetery History and Pioneer Tales.” This presentation will take place at Steamboat Springs Cemetery.
- July 29: Mountaineering pioneer Bob Beverly shares his experiences with “Early-day Hiking and Climbing in the Zirkel-Dome Wilderness.”
- Aug. 5: A panel of locals discusses the Tread of Pioneers Museum’s newest exhibit — “Sign of the Times: The 1960s.”
- Aug. 12: Laurel Watson, curator of the Hayden Heritage Center, presents “The Foundation of Quarter Horses in Northwestern Colorado.”
- Aug. 19: Cheri Brunner Daschle brings her family research and history to light in “The Brunner Family of Chokecherry Lane.”
- Aug. 26: The Brown Bag Lecture Series steps outside for a free Windy Ridge archaeology hike from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The hike will be led by Yampatika and U.S. Forest Service officials. Register by calling 871-9151.
- Sept. 2: Arianthe Stettner discusses one of Steamboat Springs’ favorite writers, John R. Burroughs, in “Books, Buildings and Burroughs.”
Museum's Brown Bag Lecture Series brings local history to life
Thursday, July 7, 2011