Monday, December 12, 2011
2011-12 Rams boys basketball schedule
- Dec. 1: Soroco 70, North Park 45
- Dec. 12: Soroco 78, Moffat County JV 57
- Dec. 17: Soroco 78, Gilpin County 70
- Jan. 6: Soroco 63, Vail Mountain 49
- Jan. 13: Rangely 67, Soroco 43
- Jan. 14: Vail Christian 79, Soroco 39
- Jan. 20: Plateau Valley 71, Soroco 56
- Jan. 21: West Grand 52, Soroco 51
- Jan. 27: Hayden 59, Soroco 40
- Jan. 28: Paonia 66, Soroco 46
- Feb. 3: Soroco 75, North Park 44
- Feb. 4: West Grand 61, Soroco 48
- Feb. 7: Vail Christian 78, Soroco 66
- Feb. 10: Hayden 69, Soroco 53
- Feb. 11: Meeker 70, Soroco 43
- Feb. 17: Soroco 76, De Beque 71
- Feb. 18: Vail Mountain 69, Soroco 63, OT
- Feb. 21: Hayden 73, Soroco 53
Steamboat Springs The Soroco High School boys basketball team has had a slow start to the season but that hasn't had anything to do with the squad's play on the court.
The Rams will only get three games in before the long winter break, and they won the second of those Monday night, beat the Moffat County High School junior varsity squad, 78-57.
The win left the Rams eager to play their third, at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at home against Gilpin County.
"I'm definitely happy with how much we've improved," Soroco coach Sam McLeod said. "Starting out with a couple wins is huge for these guys. Confidence is key coming off a down season, so the next game for us is pretty huge, too."
In Soroco's season opener, they used a barrage of 3-point shots to down North Park, but Monday the Rams turned to their transition offense, and it helped open up a 13-1 lead early in the first quarter.
The Bulldogs closed later in that quarter but never threatened to take over, and Soroco cruised in the rest of the game.
Nic Paxton scored 22 points, and Matt Regan poured in 19.