Freedom Conference kicks off Friday

Freedom Conference schedule

■ Friday

All events at The Steamboat Grand unless otherwise noted

10 a.m. Registration

11:45 a.m. to noon. Welcome and opening remarks by Jennifer Schubert-Akin, chairwoman of The Steamboat Institute

Noon to 1 p.m. Kickoff luncheon speaker: James K. Glassman, head of George W. Bush Institute, host of “Ideas in Action,” will deliver “The Power of Freedom: Unleashing Human Potential.”

1:15 to 2:45 p.m. Attorney general panel, Alan Wilson, of South Carolina, John Suthers, of Colorado, and Greg Zoeller, of Indiana, will discuss the effects of the new health care system and right-to-work issues on the states.

3 to 4 p.m. Kate Obenshain, vice president of Young America’s Foundation, will deliver “Troublesome Young Men and Women: The Courage of Today’s Young Conservatives.”

4 to 5 p.m. “The Oppressed View,” featuring Amy Oliver and Jason Mattera.

5 to 5:15 p.m. Moderator Tony Blankley wrap-up

6:30 to 7:30 p.m. VIP reception at Thunderhead Lodge’s outdoor deck overlooking the Yampa Valley. All guests will ride the gondola to the reception, followed by dinner. The reception will include photo opportunity with keynote speaker Jonah Goldberg

7:30 to 10 p.m. Dinner in Thunderhead Lodge with keynote speaker Jonah Goldberg, who will deliver “Cheer Up, for the Worst is Yet to Come!”

■ Saturday

8 to 9 a.m. “Fresh from the Debt Ceiling Debate” breakfast with freshmen Congressmen Todd Rokita, of Indiana, and Joe Walsh, of Illinois.

9:10 to 10:30 a.m. “Fixing Medicare and Strengthening America: A Health Care Reform Toolkit” with Robert M. Goldberg, Ph.D., Grace-Marie Turner and Hal Scherz, M.D.

10:30 to 11:30 a.m. “Energy and Free Markets: How Free Markets in Energy are Vital to Our Standard of Living” with Bob Beauprez, John Harpole and former Wyoming Governor Jim Geringer.

11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Steve Russell, author of “We Got him — The Hunt for Saddam Hussein.”

12:30 to 2 p.m. Closing luncheon with Steve Moore, senior economics writer for The Wall Street Journal.

5:30 p.m. Margarita party and barbecue fundraiser for Rocky Mountain USO, featuring special guests Peter Brookes, senior fellow for national security affairs at The Heritage Foundation, and Lt. Col. Joe Aldaz, director of Rocky Mountain USO.

For more

■ Tickets are available through today. The cost is $250, or $175 for young professionals or students younger than 30, for the entire conference. Special rate of $95 is available for Friday’s and Saturday’s speaker sessions only. Both days’ speaker sessions are $25 for young professionals or students. Dinner-only Friday tickets are $100. There also are sponsorship rates. Go to www.steamboatinstitute.org to buy tickets.

■ For more information about the third annual Steamboat Institute Freedom Conference, visit www.steamboatinstitute.org.

— As keynote speaker for this year’s Freedom Conference, Jonah Goldberg will describe how the country got to where it is today in “Cheer Up, for the Worst is Yet to Come!” But the conservative pundit said he wouldn’t deny the audience what it wants.

Goldberg, editor at large and weekly columnist for conservative website National Review Online, said he would discuss last week’s Iowa Straw Poll, the pool of Republican candidates who could oppose President Barack Obama and the GOP’s chances in 2012.

“I think (Obama is) the weakest incumbent since Jimmy Carter,” he said. “The numbers already speak to that. The only way he can win right now, if you talk to the political consultants, is going hellaciously negative against the Republican nominee. He can’t run against his record. He can’t run against that hope and change stuff. He’ll have to say, ‘I’m far less scarier than the Republican nominee.’”

Goldberg will deliver the keynote address at 7:30 p.m. Friday night at Thunderhead atop the Steamboat Ski Area during dinner at The Steamboat Institute’s Freedom Conference.

The conference begins with registration at 10 a.m. Friday at The Steamboat Grand, followed by speaker sessions from noon to 5 p.m. and a VIP reception at 6:30 p.m. before dinner.

The conference will continue Saturday morning at The Grand with speaker sessions from 8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.

A margarita party and barbecue to benefit Rocky Mountain USO is at 5:30 p.m. Saturday and will conclude the conference.

With topics including the economy, health care and energy, The Steamboat Institute co-founder Rick Akin said the conference couldn’t be timelier.

Akin said tickets will be available through Wednesday. The cost is $250, or $175 for young professionals or students younger than 30, for the entire conference. Special rates are available for Friday’s and Saturday’s sessions only, $95 each day. Both days’ speaker sessions are $25 for young professionals or students. Dinner-only tickets for Friday are $100.

Akin said the purpose of the conference is to provide attendees an understanding of the issues so they can have an impact.

“It is up to all of us to make things go well,” he said. “I want people to be inspired to go out and do what it takes to get the results for the country we need.”

To reach Jack Weinstein, call 970-871-4203 or email jweinstein@SteamboatToday.com

Comments

freerider 3 years ago

This guy is a just another hate and fear monger and blames everything on the Democrats

Just like Coulter or Limbaugh , Beck , right wing hate job with nothing to say and zero ideas on how to fix anything

He only knows how to point fingers

Just what we need right now another windbag with a zero I.Q.

kathy foos 3 years ago

For once I agree with you freerider.I'm just a poor republican who cant get a decent job,I didnt see my ticket price range listed,guess I wont go.What about the gas fracking pollution problem going on in Colorado?Don't let oil and gas ruin this valley.EVER.What about the visa workers stealing our jobs and the reeking employers who hire them to save taxes and make more profit?

Rick Akin 3 years ago

Kathy, Gov. Geringer and John Harpole will address hydraulic fracking in the Energy Panel discussion. You can register for Saturday only, including breakfast, the luncheon, and the USO BBQ for $95.

kathy foos 3 years ago

Thanks so much,I would love to attend but dont have the money,The best(or worst) that I can do is say something right here,I still can pay my internet bill.I'm so glad that they are addressing the issue,I just hope that some regular citizens can afford to attend,I'm sure the gas and oil can afford to be there.I don't want to offend anyone,but if there are free concerts to party and get drunk,why can't there be some free polital conferences so that not just" special interest parties" can attend?

Rick Akin 3 years ago

First, the Steamboat Institute is non-partisan and not political. We certainly have a philosophy, but we do not endorse candidates or particular ballot issues. Because we are proponents of limited government, we do not accept, and will not accept, any government funding. Our programs are financed entirely from admission fees and private donations. None of your tax dollars go to us. This makes putting on programs free pretty difficult since the cost to bring in speakers of this caliber and using conference facilities is pretty considerable.

thalgard 3 years ago

Sun...Repugnicons don't work for free, why should they, corporations are people too!

JustSomeJoe 3 years ago

I'm sure the fracking debate will be an enlightened discussion among the like minded, just like the whole of the freedom conference. Nice PR work from the Steamboat Institute to remove the more popular book titles (excuse me, scholarly tomes) from the panelists like as “Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning", “The Black Lie” and “Obama Zombies: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed my Generation.” from the latest agendas published in the paper.

Enjoy the one dish, all you can eat buffet filled with Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh wannabes.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

Hey Akin Non partisan and non political? LOL! Absolute lie! But Goldberg is right, if any of the wacko right wing Repugnicons (thanks thalgard), Michelle "leave me alone I got a headache" Bachman, Rick "hang em high" Perry, Sarah " I'm so hot!" Palin manage to win than the worst IS yet to come!”

heboprotagonist 3 years ago

Akin- You have the right to host your little conference and charge what you want for entry, but don't think for a second that you're non-partisan or that you've established some enlightened "philosophy". Yours is a hate group, plain and simple. You've declared war on the middle and lower class, and you're no better than the university elitist who sit in ivory towers and pass judgment. Go on fooling yourselves, you're not fooling anyone else.

kathy foos 3 years ago

Here is a fracking report on gas fracturing(republican conservatives seem to love the oil business).Article is by"New West Energy".Link to Report "http//www.newest.net/article/report_warns_gas_drilling_could_sicken_neighbors Title "Western Colorado gas drilling could sicken neighbors".This is about Rifle Colorado ,right across the flattops from us,your neighbors.Listen to your neighbors about the hydro gas fracturing. Excuse me if I have branded conservative republicans as pro-gas and oil unfairly,so sorry if I did that.The reason I am bringing on the issue is because it is the most pressing issue our locals have in my opinion and I think you will be pushing that cart to the checkout line if you can.By the way I would have attended the young conservatives meeting if I wasnt so old,maybe I wouldn't be so sassy now if I had attended?

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-aggressively-pursued-federal-aid-now-decries-095000694.html Hypocrisy? How Rick Perry aggressively pursued federal aid he now decries In his campaign kickoff last Saturday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry burnished his conservative credentials by attacking the idea of deficit stimulus spending. "Washington's insatiable desire to spend our children's inheritance on failed stimulus plans and other misguided economic theories have given us record debt and left us with far too many unemployed," he said.

But it was not always so for Perry. Back in 2003, lobbyists under Perry's direction went to Capitol Hill to lobby the Republican Congress for more than a billion dollars in federal deficit spending on "stimulus." And they won. A 2005 report (pdf) by the Texas Office of State-Federal Relations boasted of "$1.2 billion in temporary state fiscal relief to Texas" through Medicaid that Perry's lobbying operation had secured. (Watch TIME's video "Rick Perry Is Ready to Run for President.")

And that was just the beginning. The same report details millions more that flowed from the federal treasury into Texas as a result of the official state lobbying campaign, which was overseen by Perry, a Republican Lt. Governor and the Republican speaker of the state house between 2003 and 2005. In several cases, the Texas lobbying campaign won funds for programs that Perry now says he opposes as fiscally irresponsible intrusions on state responsibilities.

bill schurman 3 years ago

The right wing is coming, the right wing is coming to the alleged "Freedom" conference. Note that the Ski Corp is a corporate sponsor. Funny, ain't that the same outfit that wants the public to fund their airline scheme by RAISING taxes ??? Oh, I get it, it's Okay for private enterprise to raise taxes on the public for their gain but not to raise taxes on the wealthy to cut into the Federal deficit. What about that, "freedom" folks??

rhys jones 3 years ago

They can talk all they want. I'm about sick of the money folks, myself, can't wait for the Big Crash. Things WILL get worse. If ya ain't got nothing, ya got nothing to lose.

thalgard 3 years ago

Bill..I guess it's ok to rail about states' rights when it comes to the right to discriminate, the right to dictate who can marry who, and the right to pollute our air and water....but when the people of a state want to decriminalize marijuana they cry help to the DEA!

housepoor 3 years ago

Just a bunch of bitter old white guys (and a few wives and brain washed children) getting together to bitch and moan about losing their place as top dog in society. The tea party is their one last hurrah as they become more and more irrelevant.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

thalgard Notice that Kelly (AKA "Colleen") Victory is on the Board of Directors.

Scott Wedel 3 years ago

Here we get to see a local angle on what is wrong is Washington DC. By including topics like “Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning" they argue that those that believe differently than themselves are not merely wrong but evil. So there can be no basis for looking for areas of agreement or compromise with those of the other party because they are evil.

This demonizing of the other political party is not purely a conservative endeavor. Liberals can also share that sort of self satisfied belief of the evils of conservatives by arguing that conservatives are racist.

Point is that it gets nothing done and it makes it harder to have a working government. Groups like the Conservative Institute receive funding by like minded no compromise individuals. They bear no responsibility to govern and governing would require compromises that would antagonize their members. So their nature constituency is to promote the sort of demagoguery that makes governing that much more difficult.

Once again, that problem is hardly unique to conservatives, but it is just a local angle on the generic problem with so many special interest groups on all sides of all issues that makes responsible governing so much harder and encourages the sort of gridlock that caused our nation's debt to be downgraded by S&P.

Rick Akin 3 years ago

Scott, there is no such presentation at the conference.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

Akin yeah, that's just your "non partisan" speakers latest book. feel like retracting your statement that the Steamboat Institute is non-partisan and not political yet?

pitpoodle 3 years ago

This country is in terrible shape because of over spending and high interest payments, and slow deterioration of the dollar by money printed randomly by the Fed. These are the things that are hurting every sector of the economy - not conservative dialogue. More spending has not worked and will not work. Taxing the rich will not do the trick. The fault lies with Obama who has no clue as to what he is doing or any idea as to how to create jobs -- though he does talk a good game. Gridlock was encouraged by Obama himself by lack of leadership. Yet there is no criticism of Obama from you bloggers. That makes no living sense. Last I heard Obama is president and the down grade happened on his watch. Make no mistake, history will say he was responsible. History will not remember who was in congress or what they did and neither will any of you. Open your minds to other's point of view and you may get some idea of the huge scope of the problem. It won't be solved by simplistic rhetoric like we read here.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

poodle your comment show me that you havent opened your mind to any other view than your own. believe me I understand the scope of the problem, no one in Washington is free from blame including the President, and you may selectively forget who was in CONgress but history WILL remember. if you think that the NO to anything attitude of the neo-cons in CONgress is helping this country, I've got a bridge here in Steamboat I'll sell to you. Which brings me to Scott's point that do you think that perhaps the CONservatives position just might have a wee bit of racial overtones to it? just wondering what you think. Guess you forgot that TARP and the banking collapse and trillion dollar wars all occurred in Bush's administration, and I guess that Obama is responsible for the present collapse of Europe too. Have a good time at the CONsevapalooza...................!

Jeff_Kibler 3 years ago

“Liberal Fascism" aptly describes most of the comments contained herein.

pitpoodle 3 years ago

Oh yeah, I was just waiting for you to blame Bush. Obama has his own wars at what cost? Sorry that will no longer fly. I don't remember Obama ever questioning TARP. As I recall, he embraced it and please, stop with the racial overtones B.S. If that's all you have - you got nothin. I doubt that you have any understanding of the scope of the problem, if you did you would be thankful that some congressmen actually oppose what this pres has done to our economy with his wild spending and class warfare.

Jeff_Kibler 3 years ago

And steamboatCONscience, it's a bicameral legislature. The United States CONgress has two houses. Open your mind to that fact.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

Bush was not part of the problem? When Bin Laden was killed how many guests and anchors on FOX news "confused" Osama with Obama?. Ooops Freudian slip....right. Dont ask others to open their minds when you wont. Think I'll have a spot of tea..... No on second thought, I'll have a nice Cuban cigar instead......

Jeff_Kibler 3 years ago

I only wear Freudian Slips while attending our weekly cross-dressing party. But I agree with you vis-a-vis Cuban cigars. Why is it easier to purchase all sorts of "illicit" drugs than to get a decent cigar in this country. We need more whiskey bars with cigars!

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

kibble I did say EVERYONE in Congress and the WH were culpable so your point is?? you want a starting point, how about paying Congressmen $40,000 a year instead of $175,000 starting salary, make them pay for their own health insurance like the average american does, ban lobbyists and take away corporate political contributions and maybe they might act in the interest of the people who elected them. Think that will ever happen? Have a cigar....

pitpoodle 3 years ago

Where are you getting illegal cuban cigars? Or did you just make that up or just plain lie? Obama is the problem or are you now trying to blame Fox news too?

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

poodle getting a bit shrill are we?? I get my cigars from Rush Limbaugh of course. too funny....

jimmmmmm 3 years ago

Mr. Poodle,

Let me remind you of some things, because you've obviously forgotten a fair amount:

Prescription Drug Benefit 2 Wars Bush Tax Cuts TARP

Now ask yourself-when did these occur? I'll give you a hint-before Obama was sworn in.

Watched a minute or two of Hannity a couple nights ago-he actually blamed Obama for the housing crisis! Ha!

Pitthannitypoodle. Can the political debate be based on more lies than what I see currently?

Do you remember this? http://www.money-zine.com/Investing/Stocks/Stock-Market-Crash-of-2008/

Take note of all the dates please.

Scott Wedel 3 years ago

Rick Akin, "Scott, there is no such presentation at the conference."

No, it is the description/resume that your organization used to establish his credentials why the public should want to listen to him. You are selling to the public that they should expect him to discuss why leftists are evil.

Pitpoodle, It is ludicrous to today claim with certainty how historians will remember events. I suspect the downgrade event will be an obscure fact. It will either be regarded as a blip as a stronger economy and better budgeting led to reduced deficits, or as the first step in a failure to govern that led to huge consequences.

Note that US treasuries have had their values INCREASE since the downgrade. Apparently one of factors are funds that have to maintain an average rating on their holdings, so with treasuries down a notch, but still the second highest possible rating, then they have to sell weak corporate bonds and buy more highly rate bonds which the highest available dollar denominated bonds are still US treasuries.

pitpoodle 3 years ago

Let me remind you J: Obamacare at high enough cost to further damage the economy and prevent job creation and so far unconstitutional 2 wars including one not authorized by Congress Bush tax cuts okayed by Obama TARP not questioned and okayed by Obama When did these occur? Hint: after 2008 And who do you suppose is lying? Personally, I don't watch Hannity.

Rick Akin 3 years ago

Scott, it is the title of a book he has written. His columns also appears very regularly in the Pilot and lots of other newspapers. People know who his is. You seem critical of the book. Have you read it?

freerider 3 years ago

Akin

you couldn't pay me to sit through this farce

America once again hired a black man to clean up the mess the white guy made

now you want to blame the black guy for making the mess

WOW !!!

pitpoodle 3 years ago

Freerider, sounds like you are making racist statements? How could that be? Could it be Obama made his own mess and now wants us to pay for it? Oh sorry, wants only the rich to pay for it so he can continue his class war fare. I say Wow too - to you.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

poodle So I can take it that you must be rich..... guess you can afford to attend the CONsevapalooza.

sledneck 3 years ago

"Many will say to me in that day 'Lord have we not prophesied in your name, and in your name cast out demons? And I will say unto them depart from me, I never knew you."

Calling yourself a champion of freedom, progressive, or anything else makes you no more one than calling yourself a jet airplane will make you fly.

You're all sheep.

Scott Wedel 3 years ago

Ptipoodle, "Bush tax cuts okayed by Obama TARP not questioned and okayed by Obama When did these occur? Hint: after 2008"

Oops, not quite. Bush tax cuts were signed into law over a year before Obama was elected to the Senate. TARP was signed into law Oct 3, 2008 by Bush.

From Wikipedia: The Bush tax cuts refers to changes to the United States tax code passed during the presidency of George W. Bush that generally lowered tax rates and revised the code specifying taxation in the United States. These were the:

Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA)
Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 (JGTRRA)

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008.

Scott Wedel 3 years ago

I have read enough of Jonah Goldberg's columns to recognize he frequently uses strawman arguments. In which he says liberals or such believe in this and then goes on to show it is a silly thing to believe. But it is a straw man argument because what he says liberals or so on believe is not what liberals or so on believe. His view of liberalism and liberals tends to be a caricature and so he is popular among conservatives, but the falseness of his straw man arguments limits his audience to like minded conservatives.

He is certainly no William F Buckley with well rationed arguments that those of liberal inclination could easily respect. Of course, William F Buckley also had a consistency of philosophical beliefs so often took issue with others that called themselves conservatives.

freerider 3 years ago

Poodle

I would draw you a picture but I can't post it here

Jeff_Kibler 3 years ago

steamboatCONscience:

"I did say EVERYONE in Congress and the WH were culpable so your point is??" I guess I missed that part.

"... neo-cons in CONgress .. the CONservatives position .... Have a good time at the CONsevapalooza"

Did I misquote you or take your comments out of context?

Yet I agree with many of your points. Hell yeah, reduce the generous Congressional benefits.

But "take away corporate political contributions?" That's fine, as long as they ban union contributions, too.

rhys jones 3 years ago

Friends, neighbors, countrymen: The is just what feeds the Federal Reserve, everyone squabbling about their henchmen, on both sides of the aisle. I saw the same thing as a Jarhead -- just point your finger -- you think I'm bad, look at him!! Deflect the issue. Get 'em squabbling amongst themselves, so we can continue our merry ways.

I would say fire the whole damn bunch, but it'll all come out in the wash.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

Sure union contributions too. the Democrats are impotent the Republicans are beholden to their special interest dollars the tea party is just drunk with power and ready to abuse it how about starting the Americans First Party? Truly non partisan and only beholden to the people they serve. Never happen, greed is too great....

poodle here's someone who really gets it. food for thought http://market-ticker.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?forum=Market-Ticker

pitpoodle 3 years ago

Not so fast, Scott. Where is your memory? Bush tax cuts were okayed by Obama this year. Remember how he was clear that he wouldn't sign an extension of the Bush tax cuts? Turns out he encouraged the extension and signed it into law for two years. Helloooo.

Even though TARP was signed into law by Bush, Obama went begging to Bush for the release of the second $350 billion in federal bailout funds in January 2009 so he would be able to spend the money. If I am not mistaken that says, he okayed the use of these funds. I believe I am correct on these points. An apology, sir?

Also, both of these things happened after 2008. Hellooo.

Please freerider draw the picture or just look in the mirror.

Scott Wedel 3 years ago

Poodle, Okay, sure Bush tax cuts extended by Obama after 2008, but certainly not "Bush tax cuts okayed by Obama". It would be a bizarre abuse of language and meaning to believe it is an accurate statement that Bush tax cuts were approved after 2008. The Bush tax cuts were the 2001 and 2003 tax bills which were both passed prior to 2008.

Likewise, you can say that Obama administered the TARP program, but it was passed in 2008, not after 2008.

Thus, your original statements are still factually incorrect.

pitpoodle 3 years ago

I still say I am right. You can't change what happened. Bush tax cuts were extended and signed into law by Obama this year. If that is not okaying and giving approval what is? He didn't say no, did he? Obama not only administered the TARP program but specifically asked for the money to spend, altered it to spend as he and his Dem congress determined, and gave it the stamp of approval. Obama must to take responsibility for both of these things. These are the facts, Scott.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

But the bill passed overwhelmingly in the Senate and also got through the House, where angry Democrats eventually accepted what came to be seen as inevitable. Still, many complained that the bill was an expensive giveaway to the richest Americans at a time when America could not afford it. Some fiscally conservative Republicans also expressed concerns about the cost of bill, though most GOP lawmakers supported it.

Had Congress not acted to address the expiring Bush-era tax cuts, all Americans would have seen a tax increase on January 1st. (The average tax increase per family, the White House said, would have been $3,000.) Mr. Obama, who had long opposed extending the Bush tax cuts for America's highest-earners, has argued he had NO CHOICE BUT TO AGREE TO GOP DEMANDS TO DO SO in order to avoid a tax increase on the middle class.

pitpoodle 3 years ago

He still signed the tax cuts into law for two years. He still determined how the TARP funds $350 billion would be spent and he spent it, didn't he? Those are the facts people. Read em and weep.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

poodle you win, I never argue with someone who is a legend in their own mind...... :)

Scott Wedel 3 years ago

Poodle, Well, if you want to be right then words lose a whole lot of meaning. For you to be right requires accepting that it is the same thing to originally pass legislation as it is to extend or modify it.

By your logic then Reagan passed Social Security since it was modified when he was in office. By your logic it becomes pointless to discuss anything with you because your description of events is so contrary to normal understanding and nebulous that only you can understand what you are saying.

sledneck 3 years ago

Poodle, What they really mean is they never argue with facts when they can sweep them away by dismissing the messenger as "a legend in their own mind" or some other nonsense.

Obama signed the bill that kept taxes low for the rich. Just like you said. Leftists don't like that fact and they are, as the old saying goes, "entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts".

seeuski 3 years ago

WOW! As the Communist agenda of the left sinks the USA deeper and deeper into despair and the leftwingnuts here and all around the Country realize their failing ideology is to blame, we see the hate and rhetoric escalate to fevered pitches. Hate and name calling is the only remaining course of action as their dear leader tickles his toes in the sands of the Hamptons while being served his umbrella cocktails.
How crazy they will become once Sarah Palin is elected the first woman President and fixes the mess created by years of Socialist policy hoisted among the taxpaying working class of America. This fight is between the private sector taxpayer working class and the left wing public Union Marxists who want THEIR cake at the expense of everyone else. Now back to your regularly scheduled name calling.

steamboatsconscience 3 years ago

I was wondering when you would show up and play your Palin card...PM me, I know where you can get a life sized cutout of her in her Wonder Woman outfit..... http://news.yahoo.com/reasons-sarah-palin-wouldn-t-run-president-191642949.html The reasons Sarah Palin wouldn’t run for president (excerpts) * The time commitment: Palin has been a nearly constant part of the conversation when it comes to the presidential race, but she has made a habit of virtually disappearing for weeks at a time. Consider her bus tour, which went on hiatus after a trip up the East Coast and then resumed — apparently for just one day — for the Iowa trip. She has yet to show an appetite for the kind of constant campaigning that a presidential run would demand, and there is little sign that she’s using her free time to build up the kind of infrastructure she’ll need to run. “A candidate for national office needs to focus on building a national finance committee, recruiting talented operatives and campaign leadership in the five early states, and developing a message with a narrative that is based on conservative values and positions,” said GOP strategist Scott Reed. “Sarah Palin is zero-for-three.” Little to gain: Palin is a part of the political conversation and will continue to be even if she doesn’t run. And given how much her prospects in the presidential race have dimmed — recent polling shows she is increasingly unpopular among even Republicans, and she would not begin the presidential race as a frontrunner — she’s got something to lose with a poor showing. If her goal is to be president, she runs; if it’s to remain a part of the conversation, she doesn’t have to. In fact, a pretty good argument could be made that she’s got more to lose with a poor showing than she does to gain with a good one. Her Fox News contract: This is both motivation to stay on the sidelines and an indication that she will. Jumping into the presidential race would mean giving up her steady and lucrative paycheck as a Fox contributor and so it goes

canyonwind 2 years, 12 months ago

Hey unhappy DEMS you guys should be happy because nomatter who wins in 2012 you guys win. Rick Perry was Al Gores campaign boss for Texas, he still supports a carbon tax that will cause more unemployment and he even supports a VAT tax (value added tax). The only reason he is a Republican was Karl Rove convinced him he'd have a better shot for the big house in Austin if he switched parties. Our next media front runner is the father of Obama Care Mitt Romney plus any Republican that can win in Liberal state like Mass is no Right Winger. Or this Michelle Bachman she was a IRS tax colletor a true hero of the left. These two parties on the issue that matter are no different. Both Parties have no problem letting Corporate America do what they want. Google, Exxon Mobile, GE, BP, Goldman Sachs just to name a few write big checks to who ever is in power, Bush, Obama, Perry it makes no difference but it allows GE and Google to pay no income tax and get big millitary contracts. It gets Goldman Sachs big bailouts and other sweet deals like not paying income taxes. It even allows the oil companies to Frac under Kathy Foos house and send her the bill if they screw up just as long as they send POTUS that BIG CHECK. These guys could care less about us Proles

seeuski 2 years, 12 months ago

That is why Palin is who we need, she has demonstrated the strength to go up against the Big Oil Co's and the Political establishment, she serves the people not the special interest groups that you mention above. But as usual people say they want better but they will continue to vote with their hearts and do the same ole dumb thing, they will vote for more of the same.