2010 Tigers volleyball schedule
- Sept. 4 at Meeker tournament, TBA
- Sept. 7 Hayden 3, Rifle 0
- Sept. 9 Hayden 0, Baggs, Wyo. 3
- Sept. 11 Hayden 3, Plateau Valley 0
- Sept. 14 Hayden 0, Moffat County 3
- Sept. 17 Hayden 3, North Park 1
- Sept 18 3-1 win against Meeker; 3-0 loss to Vail Christian
- Sept. 21 at Baggs, Wyo., 5 p.m.
- Sept. 24 4-0 win against West Grand
- Sept. 25 at Vail Mountain, TBA
- Oct. 1 Hayden 3, Paonia 2
- Oct. 2 Hayden 1, Vail Mountain 3
- Oct. 8 Hayden 0, Rangely 3
- Oct. 12 Hayden 3, Soroco 0
- Oct. 16 Hayden 2, West Grand 3
- Oct. 22 Hayden 3, Meeker 0
- Oct. 23 Hayden 1, Soroco 3
- Oct. 26 Hayden 3, Vail Mountain School 2
The Hayden High School volleyball team split a pair of games Saturday, beating Meeker in four games before falling to Vail Christian in three.
Hayden beat Meeker, 25-21, 22-25, 25-22, 25-23, before losing to Vail Christian, 25-20, 25-20, 25-13.
Hayden played Meeker in the morning and then had a four-hour break between games. Coach Greg Johnson said that in between games it was clear his team had lost something.
“I could see the girls before the game looking tired,” he said. “I went over and told them it was about energy this game. They had a tough time matching Vail Christian’s energy level. That was the difference in the game.”
In the fourth game against Meeker, Hayden trailed, 13-3, before Johnson called a timeout. From there, the Tigers came out and dominated, something Johnson has been looking for all year.
“That was the first time we had to come from behind and beat a team,” he said.
Considering the Tigers implemented a new defense this week, Johnson said he was pleased with the effort.
He said Brette Frentress, Delanie VeDepo, Kali McFadden, Aubree Haskins and Erin Koehler, among others, all played well Saturday.
“I’m just worried about the mental mistakes we’re making,” he said. “If we can limit those, we’ll be successful.”
Hayden next plays at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Baggs, Wyo.
Hayden volleyball team splits games Saturday The Hayden High School volleyball team split a pair of games Saturday, beating Meeker in four games before falling to Vail Christian in three. Hayden beat Meeker, 25-21, 22-25, 25-22, 25-23, in the morning before losing to Vail Christian, 25-20, 25-20, 2