2010 Tigers volleyball schedule
- Sept. 4 at Meeker tournament, TBA
- Sept. 7 Hayden 3, Rifle 0
- Sept. 9 Hayden 0, Baggs, Wyo. 3
- Sept. 11 Hayden 3, Plateau Valley 0
- Sept. 14 Hayden 0, Moffat County 3
- Sept. 17 Hayden 3, North Park 1
- Sept 18 3-1 win against Meeker; 3-0 loss to Vail Christian
- Sept. 21 at Baggs, Wyo., 5 p.m.
- Sept. 24 4-0 win against West Grand
- Sept. 25 at Vail Mountain, TBA
- Oct. 1 Hayden 3, Paonia 2
- Oct. 2 Hayden 1, Vail Mountain 3
- Oct. 8 Hayden 0, Rangely 3
- Oct. 12 Hayden 3, Soroco 0
- Oct. 16 Hayden 2, West Grand 3
- Oct. 22 Hayden 3, Meeker 0
- Oct. 23 Hayden 1, Soroco 3
- Oct. 26 Hayden 3, Vail Mountain School 2
Hayden The demise of the Hayden girls volleyball team was shortlived.
After dominating the first two games of a Friday night home match against North Park, the Tigers fell asleep in the third. They roared back to life in the fourth, however, once again quickly dispatching the Wildcats.
“In the games we lost, our passes weren’t very (good). When they were better, that led to everything,” junior Brette Frentress said.
Hayden won, 25-13, 25-16, 20-25 and 25-14.
The Tigers found big hits from its offense all night long and rode its powerful offense to big leads in each of the first two games.
Only a late rally kept North Park from scoring in the single digits in the second game.
Sometimes, it didn’t even take a big swing, however, and the team dominated at the net.
“They didn’t have a middle blocker, so it was really easy to hit around their block,” junior Erin Koehler said. “We caught them on their heels a lot.”
Koehler said it was a change in the lineup that slowed the team down and kept it from a three-game sweep.
“That changed our momentum, and it took us awhile to get back into it,” she said.
Now Hayden is set for a major home showdown starting at 11 a.m. today against Meeker and Vail Christian.
The key, the Tigers agreed, is the fast-passing offense they displayed in the three game victories Friday night.
“That was a lot of fun,” Koehler said. “When things were good, we were having really good passing and good sets and that was leading to good hits.
“We just need to keep coming together as a team.”