2010 Tigers volleyball schedule
- Sept. 4 at Meeker tournament, TBA
- Sept. 7 Hayden 3, Rifle 0
- Sept. 9 Hayden 0, Baggs, Wyo. 3
- Sept. 11 Hayden 3, Plateau Valley 0
- Sept. 14 Hayden 0, Moffat County 3
- Sept. 17 Hayden 3, North Park 1
- Sept 18 3-1 win against Meeker; 3-0 loss to Vail Christian
- Sept. 21 at Baggs, Wyo., 5 p.m.
- Sept. 24 4-0 win against West Grand
- Sept. 25 at Vail Mountain, TBA
- Oct. 1 Hayden 3, Paonia 2
- Oct. 2 Hayden 1, Vail Mountain 3
- Oct. 8 Hayden 0, Rangely 3
- Oct. 12 Hayden 3, Soroco 0
- Oct. 16 Hayden 2, West Grand 3
- Oct. 22 Hayden 3, Meeker 0
- Oct. 23 Hayden 1, Soroco 3
- Oct. 26 Hayden 3, Vail Mountain School 2
Steamboat Springs The Hayden volleyball team got it’s own nice start to the weekend, shutting down Meeker on the road in three games.
The Tigers won, 25-22, 25-23, 25-20, and they, too, are eager to lock up second place against a rival.
“We’re looking forward to it,” Hayden coach Greg Johnson said. “It’s the last game of the regular season, and Soroco’s a natural rival. Having something on the line will make it even more fun.
Just like Soroco, Hayden enters the game with tons of confidence.
The team made several changes before Friday’s game, including moving senior Delanie VeDepo to set full time. That paid off big, Johnson said.
She distributed the ball well all night and her hitters slammed the sets up.
Aubree Haskins finished with six kills on top of seven blocks.
Brette Frentress, meanwhile, added what Johnson termed her best defensive game of the year.
“Overall, all the girls played really well, especially considering the changes we made and some new things they had to get used to,” Johnson said.