2010 Sailors football schedule
- Aug. 27 Olathe 36, Steamboat 0
- Sept. 4 Holy Family 37, Steamboat 6
- Sept. 17 Montrose 40, Steamboat 7
- Sept. 24 Eagle Valley 21, Steamboat 12
- Oct. 1 Delta 10, Steamboat 7
- Oct. 8 Rifle 26, Steamboat 7
- Oct. 15 Glenwood Springs 39, Steamboat 14
- Oct. 21 Steamboat 0, Palisade 46
- Oct. 29 Steamboat 7, Battle Mountain 12
- Nov. 5 Steamboat 8, Moffat County 42
Grand Junction The Steamboat Springs High School football team is going to see this 2010 season as a big learning process.
On Thursday night at Stocker Stadium, the Sailors (0-8, 0-4 Western Slope Conference) managed only 43 yards of total offense in a 46-0 loss to Palisade.
“We came down here and competed the best we could,” Steamboat Springs coach Lonn Clementson said. “We aren’t upset at all, we are just going to get better.”
Already missing a chunk of upperclassmen, the Sailors also had to deal with a steady rain that fell throughout the game.
Along with the wet conditions, the two teams played without a game clock during the first half.
The Stocker Stadium clock stopped working before the kickoff, and District 51 Athletic Director Paul Cain was forced to borrow a clock from Central High School for the second half.
“We dealt with the weather, and the clock and still feel we made some progress with our younger guys,” Clementson said. “Palisade is a quality program, but we were still in it at the end of the first quarter.”
The Sailors actually were tied 0-0 with the Bulldogs (7-1, 4-1 WSC) after the end of the first quarter.