Steamboat Springs Scott Contracting provided the following information about the downtown Steamboat Springs U.S. Highway 40 construction project:
• The Third Street intersection will be closed for at least another week.
• Instead, use Seventh or Ninth streets. Also, cross Lincoln Avenue from Old Town to the Yampa River at Seventh or Ninth streets with uniformed officers during peak commute times; use signals in off-peak times.
• The top commitment is getting the Fifth Street intersection open in time for the Steamboat Marathon on June 6.
• Lincoln Avenue will be closed overnight for paving Fifth through Third streets from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Lincoln Avenue will have hour delays from 4 to 6 a.m. June 4 to move the paver into position.
• Tenth Street will reopen Tuesday.
• Eleventh and 12th streets will be closed to lefts from Lincoln and onto Lincoln during Phase 4, starting Tuesday.
• Thirteenth will be closed to all turns except rights onto Lincoln from 13th starting as early as Tuesday for at least a week to 10 days. Please go back to alternate routes used in Phase 1 (James Brown Bridge). Crews will be in Phase 4 for the remainder of June but will try to have 13th open as soon as possible.
Note: Parking and business access is still readily available, accessing from Yampa and Oak streets and via side streets and parking in surrounding lots.
Cyclists and people on foot crossing Lincoln Avenue should not do so in work zones, but should use crossings with flaggers at Fifth and near Seventh and Ninth streets. Note: Most sidewalks are open in the area; only crosswalks are closed in active work zones for public safety.