Mollie Roland: Thanks for care after accident

On a recent trip to Steamboat, I had the misfortune to fall and fracture my shoulder while attempting to break the speed record for middle-aged women on the ski mountain, at least in my own mind. However, the pain of the break was mitigated by the quick action and wonderful kindness of Matt from Steamboat Powdercats and his lovely girlfriend, Holly, who stayed with me and fetched the Ski Patrol, respectively.

The ski patrollers — Sharon and Rachel — were gentle and compassionate and made sure I was delivered to the hospital with as little discomfort as possible. And finally the emergency room staff itself was the epitome of efficient professionalism as well as warmth and comfort. I thank you all for taking such good care of me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mollie Roland

Lockport, N.Y.

Comments

Scott Wedel 3 years, 12 months ago

Tourists!

The speed record for middle aged women at the ski mountain is the sort of speed that anyone with any common sense would want to have nothing to do with. And yet a tourist comes here thinking she should try breaking the record! I guess that was supposed to be the morning record and breaking the ski jumping record at Howelson was planned for that afternoon.

On a serious note, glad you are recovering from your injury and that you were well cared for while you were here.

bandmama 3 years, 12 months ago

scott- you are sometimes a weenie. Mollie- So glad you are ok and Yes! It is good to know that as a visitor you had a chance to see, Steamboat folks doing what we do best, taking care of others! Take care and thank you for taking the time to say thank you. Hope you come back!!!

Wendy Villa 3 years, 12 months ago

Really Scott? Could you not have passed on this comment? Mollie - Thanks for spending your time in Steamboat! Other than your accident while having fun, I hope you enjoyed your trip here!

Scott Wedel 3 years, 12 months ago

You people are humor impaired. It was complete tongue in cheek - a joke. If Mollie has the sense of humor to suggest that she was attempting a speed record then it is really too much to pick up on that and tongue in check wonder if next was ski jumping?

Apparently, mocking local's annoyance at tourists cuts too close to the truth and is offensive to locals. Oh well.

hereandthere 3 years, 12 months ago

I got it, thought it was funny. Hope Mollie is alright, and it was nice of her giving the kudos where due.

ftpheide 3 years, 12 months ago

Scott, "You People" ?? "Mama's" not going to take that!

Jeff_Kibler 3 years, 12 months ago

I didn't think W's comment was all that funny, but it was obviously sarcastic. "On a serious note" should give you a clue. BTW, I prefer "humor challenged." Merry Christmas to all "You People!"

Colette Erickson 3 years, 11 months ago

Scott, your comment didn't seem the least bit humorous, but mean-spirited.

bandmama 3 years, 11 months ago

Again, I say WEENIE!!!!!! (and although my last comment questioning what was intended by "you people" was deleted I need to ask again, Scott, who are "you people"? And why cant you accept someone's gratitude for being treated well in a tourist town? It was a compliment dude, means that folks were doing their jobs and it was noted and appreciated. I suppose when one lives in thier own little world, they forget that some of us depend on those tourists for jobs that support our families and communities here in the valley. Thanks again Mollie for your VERY nice letter!

ftpheide 3 years, 11 months ago

I told ya "mama" wasn't going to like that "you people"! Scott- why don't you post a picture of yourself so we can see what a "weenie " looks like?

Scott Wedel 3 years, 11 months ago

Geez, some people are in a real nasty mood.

Seems to me that if Molly can poke humor at herself saying she was seemingly attempting to break the speed record for middle aged women then it is hardly outrageous to poke fun at local's annoyance of tourists that come here and think they can do anything and everything. Maybe it is not the funniest joke, but the joke of the over the top response is that the primary object of the joke is not Mollie, but people here.

So yes, the "you people" refers to humorless locals.