Steamboat restaurant owner takes deal in indecent exposure case

Marco Pauvert was accused of exposing himself to 2 women

photo

Courtesy photo

Marco Pauvert

— Marco Pauvert, owner of The Epicurean restaurant in downtown Steamboat Springs, pleaded guilty to indecent exposure Tuesday in Routt County Court.

The guilty plea was part of a deal offered by the Routt County District Attorney’s Office. In exchange for pleading guilty to the misdemeanor, a second indecent exposure charge was dropped, Deputy District Attorney Rusty Prin­­dle said.

Prindle said as part of the deal, Pauvert will avoid jail, will have to serve at least 64 hours of community service and will be placed on supervised probation for a period of time to be determined by the probation department. The deal is scheduled to be finalized Feb. 9.

Pauvert is being represented by lawyer Douglas Timmerman.

Pauvert was arrested Aug. 25 after a woman accused him of exposing himself to her in his restaurant. Another woman then went to police and reported a similar incident that she said took place in July. In both cases, the women allege that Pauvert emerged from a restroom naked while they were at the restaurant.

Two trials were scheduled for Monday and Dec. 20.

Reached Wednesday at The Epi­­curian, Pauvert said he accepted the plea deal because he thought it would attract less publicity.

“I wanted to start my new life,” Pauvert said.

Despite pleading guilty, Pau­­vert contends there has been a misunderstanding.

Pauvert said he plans to leave Steamboat but intends to keep his restaurant open.

“I don’t think Steamboat is a good place,” he said.

Comments

Tommie Belz 3 years, 4 months ago

This man needs help, not a slap on the writst....come on Rusty!!

Kristopher Hammond 3 years, 4 months ago

“I wanted to start my new life,” Pauvert said.....as a registered sex offender, absentee owner of a doomed restaurant. I don't think Steamboat is a good place for you either, Marco.

seeuski 3 years, 4 months ago

Wow, the guy pleads guilty and the Pilot pulls some of our posts as if he is still innocent. Well, with the internet about to be shut down by the radicals at the FCC why the hell should I care about this little ole Pilot site? Because it's free speech.

Jeff Kibler 3 years, 4 months ago

Kinda sad. We enjoyed the food and convenience. We'd shop there and take-out items you couldn't get elsewhere in SS. However, in our times in France, public nudity seemed to be limited to beaches and an occasional flash at a campground while someone was changing clothes. Nothing like this.

seeuski 3 years, 4 months ago

I used to go there also, but then I found out about these dalliances by Marco and quit going. This is not about some type of French cultural nudity issue, it is about illicit activity.

Kristopher Hammond 3 years, 4 months ago

see: You are right about the pulled posts. Didn't one of the pulled ones urge people to spend their money elsewhere? After he pled guilty? I guess there IS a misunderstanding.

seeuski 3 years, 4 months ago

My guess is the Pilot heard from the guilty pleading pauvert's lawyer. It's OK for the nut to say "I don’t think Steamboat is a good place,” without censorship but no response in kind aloud.

notalocal 3 years, 4 months ago

soon to be one less good restaurant in steamboat