Kremmling Two men were injured in Kremmling on Tuesday afternoon in an explosion thought to have been caused by flammable fumes from paint primer.
Two unidentified men suffered burns from the explosion and were transported by ambulance to Kremmling Memorial Hospital. They were later airlifted to Denver.
The fire in the home on Eighth Street was extinguished less than an hour after the explosion, according to firefighters on scene.
The men were working on projects at the home, which belonged to an elderly woman who moved away a couple weeks ago, according to neighbor Lori Ellis, who witnessed the two workers sprinting out of the home after the explosion, which she described as sounding like “a loud thud with a lot of (broken) glass.”
The sound was alarming enough for Ellis to walk outside where she witnessed dust coming from windows. The two workers, one with “badly burned” hands and the other who also appeared to be burned, Ellis said, were taking their shirts off to douse their bodies with water from a hose at a neighbor's house.
One of the workers yelled, “The gas must have been on,” Ellis said.
No more information was available Tuesday night.