Maj. Joe Farquhar: Combat stress relief

Thank you for your online paper. I am currently deployed to southern Iraq. I read your paper every night when the Internet is up. I can read where the temperature that day is only 82 degrees in Steamboat, and I then can close my eyes and feel the crisp, sweet mountain air on my face, image tubing downtown with the cool waters of the Yampa at my feet. This takes me away from my world of 125-degree heat, body armor and violence. Instant combat stress relief. Thanks for the Yampa Valley curse.

Maj. Joe Farquhar

U.S. Army

Comments

Colette Erickson 4 years ago

Thank you so much for serving and sacrificing for us.

seeuski 3 years, 12 months ago

Thanks for your service Maj. stay safe. The cool waters of the Yampa will be here for you upon your return.

John Fielding 3 years, 12 months ago

Thank you Sir, you are the Pride of our Nation.

Brian Kotowski 3 years, 12 months ago

An opportunity to flog one of my favorite non-profits: Operation Gratitude http://www.opgratitude.com/

An effortless way to render material support to the troops.

John Fielding 3 years, 12 months ago

Here is the tribute board, for those who missed it before. Thanks again Major, and please pass it on, there are many who are grateful but just can;t find a way to say it.

JusWondering 3 years, 12 months ago

Major Farquhar,

Thank you so much for your service and the perspective.

Be Safe!

mmjPatient22 3 years, 12 months ago

Major-

Thank you for your commitment to serve. From one brother in arms(ex-squid) to another, thank you for safeguarding the lives of our brothers and sisters that are serving with you. We're all looking forward to seeing you ALL home again real soon.

chanel 3 years, 11 months ago

Joe Thank you so much for giving your services to the country and keeping our home safe. It has been a long summer without you and the kids and I hope you will be back soon. Safe and swift travels, Honey!!