The Record for May 20

— Tuesday, May 20

3:21 a.m. A drunken driver was reported at Walton Creek Road and Columbine Drive. The vehicle was gone when police arrived.

3:25 a.m. A fire alarm went off in the 31500 block of Quarry Ridge Road. Everything was fine.

9:09 a.m. A two-vehicle, hit-and-run accident was reported in the 3000 block of South Lincoln Avenue. There were no injuries. Police took a report.

10:18 a.m. Harassing phone calls were reported in Steamboat Springs. Police took a report.

11:36 a.m. A two-vehicle, noninjury accident was reported in the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue. Police took a report.

11:54 a.m. Theft of a snowmobile was reported in the 2900 block of Riverside Plaza. Police took a report.

12:44 p.m. A two-vehicle, hit-and-run accident was reported at 11th Street and Lincoln Avenue. There were no injuries. Police took a report.

12:46 p.m. A vehicle complaint was received from Routt County Road 54, where a driver was passing unsafely. Sheriff's Office deputies were unable to locate the vehicle.

12:53 p.m. A bear was reported in a residence in the 25400 block of C.R. 42. The Colorado Division of Wildlife trapped the animal and plans to relocate it.

1:32 p.m. A gas skip was reported in the 200 block of West Jefferson Avenue in Hayden. Police took a report.

1:57 p.m. Police assisted a motorist at Lincoln Avenue and Mount Werner Road.

1:58 a.m. A drunken pedestrian was reported at Sixth and Oak streets. The person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

2:10 p.m. A fire alarm went off in the 1800 block of Medicine Springs Drive. Everything was fine.

2:45 p.m. A two-vehicle, noninjury accident was reported at U.S. Highway 40 and Riverside Plaza. Police took a report.

3:06 p.m. Harassing phone calls were reported in Steamboat Springs. Police took a report.

3:49 p.m. Three juveniles were reportedly shooting a slingshot or a pellet gun toward the road from a backyard on Wyatt Drive. The boys were gone when police arrived.

4:16 p.m. A two-vehicle, noninjury accident was reported in the 1700 block of Lincoln Avenue. Police took a report.

4:43 p.m. A Craig man was arrested on suspicion of driving under revocation during a traffic stop at Ash Street and Jefferson Avenue in Hayden.

5:09 p.m. A fire alarm went off in the 1000 block of Central Park Drive. Everything was fine.

5:14 p.m. Dogs in the 46200 block of C.R. 129 were taken to the animal shelter due to high water.

5:20 p.m. An ambulance was requested in Phippsburg, where a man was experiencing severe back pain. The man was transported to the hospital.

7 p.m. Theft of an iPod was reported on Stone Lane. Police took a report.

8:39 p.m. A bear was reported in the 900 block of Confluence Court. The Colorado Division of Wildlife was notified.

9:03 p.m. A noise complaint was received from Chestnut Street and Jefferson Avenue in Hayden. Police gave a warning.

9:43 p.m. A disturbance was reported in the 300 block of South Lincoln Avenue, where two people were yelling. The men were watching a basketball game; everything was fine.

9:49 p.m. An intoxicated man was reported at Sixth Street and Lincoln Avenue, where he was trying door handles on several vehicles. Sheriff's Office deputies were unable to locate the person.

10:18 p.m. A possibly stolen vehicle was reported in the 500 block of South Lincoln Avenue. The owner of the vehicle was contacted, and the driver had permission to use it.

Comments

justathought 6 years, 7 months ago

Did I miss something or are we missing the record for the 19th?

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

What a day of events in our wonderful town! Everything from 2 people yelling at a NBA playoff game, to bear sightings. I was correct in my prediction of more bear sightings being made earlier in the week. I see a bear was trapped and arrested, good for Animal Control to get this bear nabbed before it could have been caught rummaging thru trash or worse attacking a person. To see the look on the bear's face must have been priceless after it had been trapped! I noticed a lot of harassing phone calls too being reported. What is the deal with that? Warmer weather and stress from higher waters may be playing a part in this. Then again their is no excuse for this. Again, I'm very concerned by the poor behavior being demonstrated by some of our juveniles, on this day some were shooting slingshots. This is unacceptable, and their are better outlets for teens than to be engaging in these kinds of acts in our great town. Finally, another hit and run accident is reported, it seems this is a staple in The Record each day! Drivers beware!

love_boat 6 years, 7 months ago

As I read it the bear was in the residence so it skipped the trash and went for the fresh food in the pantry. Perhaps it has been charged with breaking and entering or at least trespassing. Maybe it will be dropped off near Rockie's place as he seems to be amused by the large furry guys.

rockie29wannabe 6 years, 7 months ago

What a day of events i thought i was cool! Everything from nothing to never having a life. I was correct in my prediction of never having a life. I see a life, but feel trapped and arrested, to doing nothing but repeating the pilot news blotter. To see the look on my mom's face when she realized i will never have a man like me! I noticed a lot of harassing blogs from people that think i am a freak. What is the deal with that? Warmer weather and i got nothing better to do with my time. Then again their is no excuse for me. Again, I'm very lame. This is unacceptable, and that i would waste my time and life on repeating the blog. Finally, another nice day will come and i will waste all of my brain cells on sending you my bloggs! Dummies beware!

meethinks 6 years, 7 months ago

rockie, I look forward to each and every days reliving of the record, you bring a fresh new view to many of these reports! you are so right those children should be caned and plinged with their own slingshots. Thank goodness we have upstanding citizens like you to keep us abreast of such things. besides....i think you get a little thrill out of upsetting folks over such a trivial thing...good for you, keeps them from complaining about the other things in the paper...... keep it up!

dave reynolds 6 years, 7 months ago

once again if your humor is gracing the masses then go live on radio...if you are so sure everybody likes your humor then do it..my self i find it scarcastic ..when and if you do go life i will buy u breakfast at the shack for the next 4 weeks..on me

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

Hey Boat, I think the bear would go for your pantry since you leave food out! Then you would have your hands full, eh.

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

Hey Rockie29wannabe or whatever name you choose, you sound a little disoriented, and you seem to have an identity crisis. Maybe you are boat recreated, or some other nut. Reveal your true name and don't hide behind a name that is not yours!