The Record for May 18

— Sunday, May 18

12:19 a.m. Steamboat Springs police contacted a person at Eighth Street and Lincoln Avenue.

12:20 a.m. Police arrested a 36-year-old Oak Creek man on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, DUI per se, failure to signal and possession of an open container during a traffic stop on River Road.

1:46 a.m. Police contacted a person at Seventh and Aspen streets.

2:40 a.m. Police responded to an anonymous report of a suspicious incident in the 400 block of Lincoln Avenue.

2:54 a.m. A man complained about noise in the 3300 block of Covey Circle. Police issued a warning.

4:32 a.m. Police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle near Howelsen Hill. Officers issued a warning.

9:50 a.m. Police made contact with a person at Fourth Street and Lincoln Avenue. Officers issued a warning.

10:05 a.m. Police responded to a report of vandalism in the 800 block of Howelsen Parkway.

12:56 p.m. A man requested an officer near Walton Ponds Apartments.

1:30 p.m. Routt County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a complaint about a black Labrador retriever at large on Yuma Way.

2:34 p.m. Police responded to a motor vehicle accident at Pine Grove Road and South Lincoln Avenue. Officers took a report.

2:46 p.m. Police responded to a motor vehicle wreck in the 1400 block of Park Court. Officers took a report.

3:21 p.m. A woman reported a suspicious incident in the 2900 block of West Acres Drive.

9:29 p.m. A woman complained about a pregnant cow running down the middle of the road on Routt County Road 14 between Stagecoach and Oak Creek, with a calf on the side of the road. Officers contacted the animals' owner.

9:41 p.m. Police responded to a report of vandalism in the 500 block of Wyatt Way.

9:45 p.m. Police responded to a noise complaint in the 2900 block of West Acres Drive and arrested a 25-year-old Englewood man on a fugitive of justice warrant.

10:07 p.m. Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in Yampa. The incident is under investigation.

10:46 p.m. Police arrested a Steamboat Springs man on suspicion of DUI, DUI per se and not having visible plates at a traffic stop at Fish Creek Falls Road and Huckleberry Lane.

Comments

rockie29 6 years, 2 months ago

I feel bad for the pregnant cow and her young calf. Give the poor animal a break, woman she is pregnant! I'd hate to see the female cow and her calf arrested and taken to county jail locked up behind bars. Common sense is needed. Also, I see that police made contact with people, but it doesn't say why. I wonder if all the incidents are related. More suspicious incidents, and the 'suspicious person' is again up for debate and what constitutes it. I think I hear a bear right now roaring, I'm going to go check it out right now.

dogd 6 years, 2 months ago

Rookie:

I do apologize for knocking your innocent occupation of this niche. Keep up the work. Everybody needs a gig. I'm fine with the fact that you have found yours.

bandmama 6 years, 2 months ago

rockie- I agree with you! poor pregnant cow. I think you are on to something with the suspicious incidents. Were they cow related?

corduroy 6 years, 2 months ago

I saw a cow out along 14 (in the field) actually in process of giving birth on my drive out to the Coach the other day. Just beautiful! This is why I live here!!

forreal 6 years, 2 months ago

how can you get arrested for suspicion of driving while intoxicated? you either were drunk or not. if i was arrested for something stupid like that, i'd make it worth my while to be arrested at that point.

dave reynolds 6 years, 2 months ago

rockie..maybe the person calling in was worried about the animals safety..people drive that narrow road pretty darn fast..may you should post your number that way people can call you to see if they should call dispatch or not..thought you were going to lighten up

jeep 6 years, 2 months ago

rockie-said It is all good, I never meant to come across as a host of The Record, it should not be taken so seriously, when really this is as comical a thing in any newspaper. I will try to listen more, and respect yours and other opinions on here. Peace.

dave reynolds 6 years, 2 months ago

i happen to know the family with the suspicious incedent in WA..and if this was happening to your child you would call the police too..while i agree some calls are questionable..by poking fun at them you sometimes strike a nerve

rockie29 6 years, 2 months ago

Jeep and paddle, lighten up please! You sound like your whole life is centered around what I say. You don't get the humor, so don't take it so personal. Other readers notice it and it is funny.

two_planker 6 years, 2 months ago

What colour was the cow?? Maybe its a racial thing?

rockie29 6 years, 2 months ago

Maybe! With animal reports here, you never know.

thecondoguy1 6 years, 2 months ago

See rockie, even dog comes around, I like hearing from him/her as well.............

rockie29wannabe 6 years, 2 months ago

Jeep and paddle, please! I sound like my whole life is laking and life at all.. I don't get to have a life with humor, so don't take it like i have a life. Other readers notice it and think i am stupid also!.

rockie29wannabe 6 years, 2 months ago

I feel bad for my parents. Giving them a poor boring child. I'd hate to see that there is more to life then locked up behind blogs. Common sense is something i don't have. Also, I see that police made contact with my shrink, but it doesn't say why. I wonder if all my blogs are related. More suspicious incidents, and i still can't find a date, wonder why??? I think I hear a flatuance now roaring, I'm going to go check it out right now.

rockie29 6 years, 2 months ago

Hey wannabe, you seriously need help! You are bizarre, and irrational. I hope aren't emotionally unstable. Please get some help, and change your name, you sound ridiculous. Don't call the police if you spot a bird in your yard! You may be laughed at!