The Record for May 17

Saturday, May 17

12:05 a.m. Juveniles were reportedly causing trouble around Fish Creek Falls Road. The youths were gone when officers arrived.

12:11 a.m. A noise complaint was reported in the 100 block of Alpine Drive.

12:22 a.m. A drunken pedestrian was reported at Central Park Drive and Pine Grove Road. The person was taken to detox.

2:07 a.m. A drunken pedestrian was reported at Central Park and Resort drives. The person was taken to detox.

2:08 a.m. A theft was reported in the 90 block of Moffat Avenue in Yampa.

2:15 a.m. An intoxicated person was reported in the 1000 block of Central Park Drive. Police turned the person over to a responsible party.

3:51 a.m. An abandoned vehicle was reported at Routt County Road 27 and Routt County Road 131.

4:12 a.m. An assault was reported in the 90 block of Moffat Avenue in Yampa.

10:20 a.m. A hit-and-run was reported on Hemlock Court. One vehicle struck another. Police have found the vehicle and are investigating.

11:55 a.m. Police located a runaway for the Routt County Sheriff's Office. The juvenile was issued a minor in possession ticket.

1:46 p.m. Routt County sheriff's officials responded to a report of an unattended dead person in Yampa. No more information was available.

3:10 p.m. A disturbance was reported in the 800 block of Lincoln Avenue. Police said an unruly customer was asked to leave the Cantina and didn't want to do so until officers arrived. There were no charges.

3:09 p.m. A snowmobile wreck was reported in Clark.

3:51 p.m. Police arrested a 24-year-old Steamboat Springs man on an outstanding warrant after a traffic stop on Fifth Street between Lincoln Avenue and Yampa Street.

4:36 p.m. A suspicious person was reported in the 2000 block of Mount Werner Circle. A man who had been relieving himself in a parking structure in Ski Time Square was contacted and told to use a more appropriate location.

6:01 p.m. A suspicious person was reported in the 3000 block of Meadow Lane. People were reportedly selling magazines and other items without a sales tax license. Police were unable to contact them.

6:58 p.m. A drunken driver was reported at U.S. Highway 40 near 7-Eleven. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.

7:57 p.m. A vehicle was stopped in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue. A 24-year-old man from Kingswood, Texas, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

9:30 p.m. A trespass in progress was reported on Routt County Road 25 near Oak Creek. A 26-year-old Steamboat Springs man was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

11:28 p.m. A disturbance was reported at Dream Island. No more information was available.

Comments

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. It is obvious some people didn't have a great weekend by some of the disturbing reports on this day in The Record. A person was seen urinating in a public structure, disgusting and an eye sore for our great town in broad daylight. I'm disturbed by these type of reports. There were a lot of detox reports on this day as well. People are drinking way too much right now this time of year. Too many intoxicated drivers as well. My prediction for this week is that their will be many bear sightings in the next few days, as I have seen some already this weekend. Also, the unruly customer at Cantina is just reminder summer is around the corner, and the rowdy customers of the Triple Crown season are right around the corner.

dogd 6 years, 7 months ago

Rookie:

I'm not calling you a dimwit. I am saying that you comment on each day's record in a dimwitted manner. The effect is to lower the collective IQ of this forum by 50%. And that is not always easy to do.

Hadleyburg_Press 6 years, 7 months ago

dogd, Since anyone in the world with access to a computer can post here I would recommend some restraint. Rockie29 could be a child, elderly person or perhaps a mentally challenged neighbor that walks among us. Perhaps this is a way for that person to "socialize" in the security of their home. Perhaps their postings are a school project or a medically suggested treatment. I honestly don't know. Regardless, it would probably cause us grief if we were to unintentionally hurt them with our words if they indeed were infirm in some manner. Given that possiblity, I would suggest ignoring their post if it annoys us to avoid that potential harm to a fellow human being. I guess the same could be said for all of our posts. :)

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

You know it is very funny to read some of the posts! Don't read so much into the posts, just enjoy them! No, this is not a project, no I am not elderly, but young and energetic! I'm reviewing the daily, bizarre events in our great town. It is hilarious to hear the explanations, kind of like hearing ghost reports, or UFO sightings! Keep it up folks.

Hadleyburg_Press 6 years, 7 months ago

Rockie29, I ment no insuult to you (or dogd) in my post. I was also not infering anything. My intent was merely to point out that anyone has a right to post and we should show civil decorum to each other just as we would in any social environment. So, you continue to feel free to post and I will continue to feel free to read it or not. Freedom of expression and civility are wonderful things and are closely related don't you think?

dogd 6 years, 7 months ago

Hadley:

I prefer the comments regarding the record which have any sort of value, like ID's classic with the duck. Rookie is about 0 fer 10. I waited through 10 of Rookie's space-fillers to comment. Then did.

Hadleyburg_Press 6 years, 7 months ago

Dogd, Would you stock the library only with books that you found entertaining and would you go even further to the source and try to intimidate authors to write only what you found value in? Rockie29 is not making a debateable statement in any of their posts that I can discern. Therefore, why seek to bash the subjective quality of their posts. It is harmless commentary the likes of which you might find while sitting idly on a public park bench enjoying a sunny day.

dogd 6 years, 7 months ago

Maybe I'm grumpy because, besides an occaisonal 15 -20 seconds on this forum, I have no idle time for benches, sunny or otherwise. I did not issue any request to cease, just wrote an impartial review of Rookie's work. So I'm a bookburner?

bloggyblog 6 years, 7 months ago

blog thinks hadleyburg is wicked smart! now blog is going to go find a park bench and enjoy some sunshine!!

Hadleyburg_Press 6 years, 7 months ago

no dogd, you are not a book burner. Just someone like me who could use more time outside enjoying all that life has to offer.

twostroketerror 6 years, 7 months ago

Well said burg and blog! Why am I looking at comments? I'm goin outside! (fourstroke now) Thanks!

dave reynolds 6 years, 7 months ago

I didnt want to do this but rockie hook up with brain harvey and you can do your review of the record LIVE on the radio after the local news ...just a thought

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

Thanks for the offer, I think it is kind and generous, but I am a print person as opposed to a radio person. Maybe another person could join him.

washedwisper 6 years, 7 months ago

Does any one know what happenned at the April 22nd Hearings regarding the ACET bust in March ? I heard some ofthe people involved in selling drugs got off due to lack of evidence. Did this issue just go away ?

jeep 6 years, 7 months ago

rockie said------It is all good, I never meant to come across as a host of The Record, it should not be taken so seriously, when really this is as comical a thing in any newspaper. I will try to listen more, and respect yours and other opinions on here. Peace.

stmbtprof 6 years, 7 months ago

Hadley and dog d ..you need to get a life...a blog is for anyone..how elitist pseudo intellect can u get..??? altho hadley your twain moniker is clever for the boat...

Hadleyburg_Press 6 years, 7 months ago

stmbtprof, I agree with you for the most part.

"elitist" - probably, but unintentionally I assure you.

"psuedo intellect" - relatively true

"twain moniker" - thank you for your kind words. We are all sanctimonious at times don't you think?

"get a life" - well, as dog eared and well worn as this one is, I think I shall keep it.

dogd 6 years, 7 months ago

Stmbtprof: Really, really hope that the "prof" does not indicate professor, because such would confirm a comical standard at some unfortunate institution. You make the call that someone typifies "elitist psuedo intellect" and then display that you suffer from exact same with your trashing of this place with your"for the boat"bugle...and all this in one rambling disjointed sentence...like this one. But I ain't selling myself as no "prof".

stmbtprof 6 years, 7 months ago

dogd...never heard of stream of consciousness writing ala james joyce???? or could prof mean professional or I prefer to think of my blogging as someone who doesnt bother to waste time with conventional punctuation or sentence structure on a blog..because I have a life!!

rockie29 6 years, 7 months ago

Jeep needs an evaluation maybe, psychosis breeding.

thecondoguy1 6 years, 7 months ago

Hang in there rockie, people don't have to read you, comments or no comments sense or no sense, I miss the ol sbvor, maybe you are his/her reincarnation, this is a free forum with SPT making the rules, just don't pee them off, they will wack ya..... Good luck at all you do.................

dogd 6 years, 7 months ago

Proph: The ultimate in "elitist psuedo intellect" could well be to mistake oneself for James Joyce. And I figure these sort of things don't happen so much with people who "have a life". Get out there and drink some more Mountain Dew.!!!