The Record for May 4

12:10 a.m. Steamboat Springs police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle in the 1500 block of Lincoln Avenue, where a woman had parked her car while she was walking her dog.

12:29 a.m. Police responded to a request for an officer at Seventh and Yampa streets, where a group of juveniles was milling around in a parking lot, and one was urinating. Officers contacted the juveniles and sent them on their way.

12:40 a.m. Police arrested a 26-year-old man on suspicion of third-degree assault while responding to a report of domestic violence between a husband and wife in Steamboat Springs.

1:26 a.m. Police responded to a report of a drunken driver on U.S. Highway 40 near Walton Creek Road.

2:02 a.m. Police responded to a reported disturbance at Fifth Street and Lincoln Avenue, and followed up on an assault that had occurred. The victim of the assault was taken to Yampa Valley Medical Center and treated overnight for injuries. There is no information about the suspect.

9:03 a.m. Police responded to a report of found property in the 1600 block of Mount Werner Road.

10:18 a.m. A woman complained about an animal in the 800 block of Yampa Street.

10:22 a.m. A woman reported an assault at U.S. 40 and Brandon Circle. Routt County Sheriff's Office deputies took a report, and there were no injuries.

1:19 p.m. Police responded to a request for an officer in the first block of Anglers Drive.

1:25 p.m. Police and Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue responded to a report of a liquid spill on Yampa Street between Fifth and Sixth streets, where a forklift was leaking fuel. Fire Rescue cleaned up the spill.

2:05 p.m. Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a request for an ambulance in Oak Creek, where a woman broke her leg after a steel beam fell on her. The woman was transported to Yampa Valley Medical Center.

2:24 p.m. A man reported a suspicious vehicle in the 2200 block of Storm Meadows Drive, where a vehicle parked in a condominium lot didn't belong to any of the property's tenants or guests.

4:04 p.m. A woman complained about an animal at AprÃs Ski Way and Village Drive. The animal was gone when police arrived.

6:08 p.m. Police responded to a report of harassment in a dispute between neighbors in the 3300 block of AprÃs Ski Way. Officers did not take any action.

7:21 p.m. A man complained about a dog bite in the 1300 block of Blue Sage Drive.

8:36 p.m. Police responded to a wildlife call in the 400 block of Blue Sage Circle, where an elk was injured and caught in a fence. The elk was put down.

9:02 p.m. Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a report of six horses and four cattle on the loose between Stagecoach and Oak Creek on Routt County Road 14. Deputies contacted the owner of the animals, who rounded them up.

9:43 p.m. Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a report of domestic violence for a verbal dispute in Oak Creek.

10:21 p.m. Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a request for an ambulance in Steamboat Springs for a 24-year-old man having chest pains. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue transported the man, who had a history of heart trouble, to YVMC.

11:52 p.m. A man complained about loud music coming from an apartment in the 400 block of Tamarack Drive. Police gave the apartment's tenants a warning.

Comments

BoatMaster 5 years, 11 months ago

So Rockie

You have appointed yourself as the official spokesperson of The Record?

Is one needed?

love_boat 5 years, 11 months ago

Poor Rockie must be an insomniac to spend so much time in the wee hours of the morning commenting on the fine job done by the observant citizens and police.

I would think it suspicious to get in your car and drive somewhere at midnight to walk your dog.

Chest pains, hitting loose cattle and horses and vicious dog bites can all be lethal or expensive and time consuming. Rockie may suffer from bad Karma if laughing about it.
But better to be at your computer reviewing the Record than urinating in parking lots, driving drunk, beating up your spouse or getting in fights between midnight and 2 am.

rockie29 5 years, 11 months ago

Another busy day for our great police force here in town, with the way the calls have been going it is getting bizarre around here. I see more reports of animal sightings, and when police arrive the 'mystery' animal is gone. It would help if the animal were identified to start so the police would know what to look for, right? However, I think it is a waste of time to keep calling police when someone sees an animal on the road, unless of course it is a bear or mountain lion. I see a man was bitten by a dog, well I had a feeling dogs are starting to get tired of being called in every time they are spotted, so maybe this is their revenge. Also, the suspicious vehicle report is called in once again for a poor woman jogging with her dog, I guess we can add another characteristic of what is a 'suspicious vehicle' in Steamboat to the growing list. Another man with chest pains, it has really been happening a lot with chest pains and calls reported for this. I think stress levels are very high now, and teens are caught urinating in the street, just another day in town, or is it?

id04sp 5 years, 11 months ago

Seem to be lots of p[roblems with dawugs around Blue Sage Drive. Dog bites, dog complaints, etc.

Steamboat II has been the scene of lots of dog bites and dog complaints. How hard would it be for the animal control deputy to spend some time in there looking for loose animals around the time that people complain of them being loose? I know that the schedule used to be driven by AMWAY product deliveries back in the mid 90s, but is that still going on?

OnTheBusGus 5 years, 11 months ago

Blue Sage used to be pretty bad for dogs running out of nowhere trying to attack. I especially remember one golden retriever. I never got bit, but had some good scares when I used to run up there back when I used to run, it was a good uphill. Yeah, what is with rockie the blotter reporter? The commentary is inane so I don't read it but everyone needs a hobby!

katrinkakelly 5 years, 11 months ago

Suspicious minds! You are not allowed to drive your car or walk your dog late at night? WOW! You must be one of the people calling the cops at all hours to report nothing!

rockie29 5 years, 11 months ago

Hmm, I sense a lot of jealousy among some of you. Maybe, you are the ones calling in every little thing to the record. By the way, I don't spend a lot of time, nor am I a spokesman. I sense the stress in a lot of the people's comments, chill out and enjoy the Record!

BoatMaster 5 years, 11 months ago

Oh yeah, sign me up as being Jealous of rockie.

I really, really want to be like he/she.....Unfortunately I have to go now and call the police on a bird in my backyard.

corduroy 5 years, 11 months ago

I cannot count how many times up on Blue Sage area when I lived there I had to dodge a dog just lying in the road napping, or running across in front of my car. Don't people worry about them getting hit?

Say you are driving through Steamboat on a trip late at night and your dog needs to pee.. I don't see what's so suspicious about that.. what a waste of time!!

rockie29 5 years, 11 months ago

Boatmaster you need some help it sounds like, maybe some counseling! Please admit to your problem.

rockie29 5 years, 11 months ago

oh by the way I sleep very well, and I laugh at some of the comments some of you make in reply to me! I think some of you take yourselves a little too seriously, or are the type that call in every little detail that annoy the authorities. Do that in another community and you would be laughed at, and discredited. Lucky you live here!