Terri Dawn Moody Fatka enters the Routt County Courthouse. Fatka appeared in court Monday, and her case was continued to 4 p.m. June 10.

Photo by John F. Russell

Attorney expects plea deal

Women accused of embezzling $1.2M make court appearance

photo

Pamela Jean Williams enters the Routt County Courthouse. Williams appeared in court Monday, and her case was continued to 4 p.m. June 10.

Man reaches settlement in stabbing

Christopher Allen Hamm, the man charged with the racially motivated stabbing of a black man at Sunpie's Bistro last summer, has reached a settlement with prosecutors.

Hamm was accused of stabbing Alfred Turner, a black man, in the thigh after telling him to "leave our white women alone" at the Yampa Street bar July 6.

On Monday, Hamm pleaded no contest to felony charges of second-degree assault and bias-motivated crime. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of third-degree assault. In exchange, Hamm will serve a maximum of 90 days in jail, complete 68 hours of community service, donate $500 to Advocates Against Battering and Abuse, pay more than $1,400 in restitution plus lost wages as a truck driver to Turner, serve four years of supervised probation, not consume alcohol, and undergo alcohol and anger evaluations.

District Court Judge Shelley A. Hill scheduled sentencing for July 26.

— The attorney representing one of two Routt County women accused of embezzling more than $1.2 million from a local bank expects prosecutors to offer a plea agreement.

Steamboat Springs attorney Charles Feldmann said he hopes and expects such an offer to be made because of the cost and complexity of prosecuting a financial crimes case. Feldmann represents Pamela Jean Williams, who along with Terri Dawn Moody Fatka was arrested in February on suspicion of stealing more than $1.2 million from several Alpine Bank account holders. The women were Alpine Bank employees when the alleged crimes were committed.

The women, whose cases are being tried separately, have been charged with two felony counts of theft of more than $20,000, and two felony counts of forgery.

Williams and Fatka appeared in court Monday at the Routt County Justice Center, where their cases were continued until 4 p.m. June 10.

Erick Knaus, Fatka's attorney, requested the continuance so he could have more time to comb through discovery with an investigator. Feldmann plans to subpoena Alpine Bank records, a move the bank opposes.

Assistant District Attorney Kerry St. James did not oppose the lawyers' request for a continuance.

Feldmann discussed the possibility of a plea deal after Monday proceedings.

"We have not received any plea agreement from the DA's office at this point," Feldmann said. "This is clearly a case that would be negotiated by some sort of negotiated settlement."

"The cost to taxpayers (to prosecute the case) would be enormous."

St. James would not comment on the possibility of a plea agreement. Knaus said he knew nothing of the possibility.

"You can just file a motion," Hill said, "and I'll be gone."

St. James said he would not request that Hill step down. The judge gave the defense attorneys 15 days to make such a request. Knaus said he does not expect to ask Hill to step down, either.

"I don't anticipate that, but I need to discuss it more with my client," Knaus said. "I have no doubt that the judge can be fair."

Feldmann said he needs to discuss the issue with Williams.

About 10 Alpine Bank officials attended Monday's court appearances for Williams and Fatka. After the proceedings, Regional President Glenn Davis said the bank has made only slight policy adjustments since the alleged thefts, which are suspected to have been accomplished through forged "advice of charge" forms, according to police arrest warrants.

"We made a few modifications to an existing policy," Davis said. "We're effectively satisfied with much of what we have. : But we're taking a look at how to keep collusion from being an issue again."

Comments

nmypinon 6 years, 6 months ago

I think that they should have to pay all fees & leave the tax payers out of this.

shadow 6 years, 6 months ago

Public service is what they need, if they have a drivers licenses, they could serve as Wall chauffeur.

another_local 6 years, 6 months ago

Why has there been no talk about returning money? Is it all gone? Did they pay off the house? If so, they should have to mortgage it to the hilt and return the money.

Considering that kids (those who use the PD) get days jail time for offenses when there where was no injury or property damage, I hope these thieves get 10 years if found guilty. Any plea agreement should include serious jail time.

1.2 MILLION!

ColoradoNative 6 years, 6 months ago

Where is the money?

Nobody has ever mentioned that have they? Do these people have stolen goods on their property as a result? Where they making mortgage payments with stolen money? Has their home been seized? Their vehicles? You don't just steal a million and not use the money?

Throw the book at them and lose the key.

palemorningdunn 6 years, 6 months ago

Charles Feldmann is just trying to use the media to further his case. He obviously believes his client is "less guilty" than the other woman because she stole less money. Therefore she's a good candidate to turn state's witness. He can't get her off at trial, the best he can do is get her a deal for less or even no jail. That's what he's doing and he's using every alternative. My guess is that Kerry won't return his phone calls so he has to use the newspaper. Kerry and Charles are less than best friends. Remember Charles had to quit as an assistant to Kerry rather than face prosecution for improper use of gov funds. No love lost between the two for sure.

Doug Marsh 6 years, 6 months ago

Oh, White Collar Crime. We should have two prison systems. One for the good white people, and one for the other minorities.

80488mom 6 years, 6 months ago

So.......I haven't seen the public record....but let's say my employer is mean to me...even harasses me.....so I steal from the company??? Two wrongs don't make a right. That wouldn't justify what they did. If they were being harassed they could have filed a suit or maybe, just maybe....got another job??? Give me a freaking break. Talk about stupid and passive aggressive. Folks...you can't do much about stupid....you can fix a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them.

David Stone 6 years, 6 months ago

A serious ,like stealing 1.2 million deserves nothing less than serious jail time,as well as a full return of the stolen money.This should be obvious to anyone with reasonable intelligence.

spukomy 6 years, 6 months ago

Monies gained in a crime are deemed taxable by the IRS. Hope they saved 20%.

424now 6 years, 6 months ago

Alpine is withholding evidence against these two?

I don't care why or who they are protecting. If the evidence they withhold prevents getting funds back or putting these two in prison for the long term then Alpine needs to pay the penalty for obstructing justice.

steamboatcrazy 6 years, 6 months ago

where can you go to find these "public records" that have been mentioned?

sickofitall 6 years, 6 months ago

lol, finally got a comment removed. So much for freedom of speech unless you are writing for the pilot, then you can say whatever you want without legal ramifications!

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

My bet would be that these women had observed the same people making large cash deposits on a frequent basis, always under $10,000 to avoid the IRS reporting requirement, and figuring out that the money was coming from drug sales or some other illicit source -- like gambling, trafficking in illegal workers, etc. Maybe they thought that robbing someone who couldn't afford to complain about it was a good idea.

Losing 10% in a "protection racket" setup is nothing compared to what a person would pay in income taxes on $10,000,000. Such a deal!

justathought 6 years, 6 months ago

No matter what the bank did, no matter what other employees did, no matter what the customers did, a thief is still a thief. It wasn't their money, they took it, that's a thief. Unless the bank told them they could have it and is now crying thief, then the bank IS a victim no matter how carelessly they handled other peoples money. What could anything in the "public record" have to do with the facts? I mean, the bank could have left the vault open, the lights on and the door unlocked and you still don't have the right to rip them off; by the way, which one of these thieves is tweetybird?

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

Wow! Conspiracy Theory at it's best! (worst??)

Maybe...just maybe...Alpine Bank set up Terri and Pam as scapegoats to cover the bank's bigwigs diverting $1.2 million toward funding the character assassination & drugging of Sheriff Wall, all so he would get caught in a DUI situation!

stayinbalance 6 years, 6 months ago

There is something very wrong in this world when kids go to jail for stealing groceries or possessing some pot. But, steal over a million dollars and they want a plea bargain because it cost to much to prosecute??? They stole a lot of money, no doubt most of what they own was bought with stolen money. Williams bought a brand new custom Tahoe right around the time she was arrested. Whose money was that? Why weren't their assets frozen? Why don't they have to pay it back? How many accounts around the world do they have money in? I could use a million dollars too. If it's that easy to get without any ramifications, I may need to apply for a job at Alpine too. Stealing is stealing, no matter who or what you are. The lady who embezzled less than $100,000 from a school district got over 7 years. Sure hope justice is served in this case.

Kojak 6 years, 6 months ago

We need a Sylvester to take care of this lame tweetybird. And, furthermore this newspaper and its site staff are Jokes in the media arena. But, I guess small town newspapers attract smalltime employees. "If you can't take the heat...get out of the kitchen - Jokers.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

Anger? I was laughing as I posted that! I have no personal stake in all this. The more you and ID post on this subject, the funnier it gets!

justathought 6 years, 6 months ago

sorry tweetyturd, just seems to me that anyone so fiercely defending a thief must be one of them and with your attitude it probably won't be long. I pity your employer if everything is not up to your standards.

kielbasa, I got a pretty good chuckle out of your "anger issue" too.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

And my company hired me even though I had 4 arrests to my name by the age of 21...2 more before age 25. I learned my lesson and proved that. I also went to school with Terri and Pam, graduating with Pam at Steamboat Springs High School in 1984. My parents moved here, with me in tow, in 1978- 7th Grade at the old Junior High on 7th Street. That long enough to have "been in this community for many years" to satisfy you? October marks 30yrs here, for me.

I can't say they have ever really been more than acquaintances of mine- not personal friends- but I've never seen anything in them to suspect them of filching $1.2 million dollars. Hell- one of my best bellmen way back when was a day worker from the Craig Detention facility. Never had a problem with him. We gave him a chance and it worked out great.

I'm not saying Alpine Bank is a victim...you just want to insinuate that. So they hired a shoplifter from City Market. Billy Kidd still skis on Mt. Werner and he shoplifted from City Market, also. Sheriff Wall is still Sheriff pending a DUI charge while carrying his weapon & set a nice example for others by refusing testing. Our Pres is a reformed pot/cokehead. Yay!

So you and ID just keep posting- it's the best laugh I've had all week!

flotilla 6 years, 6 months ago

As an observer... if you "knew these two personally" I wonder what you were thinking when they had an influx of cash. Any people I know "personally" (which means, to me, well enough to know their personality and spend decent amounts of time with) who committed FELONIES I would probably doubt their past and the stories that made that up. Whats up with the defense? Is there some sort of new law that sexually harrassed individuals are entitled to unearned enormous sums of money - maybe sketchy theif Terri should have buttoned up her shirt and filed some complaints with the POLICE. I hope you, Tweetybird, do not have children because your sense of reality is for the birds.

flotilla 6 years, 6 months ago

Whoa lady. Because someone above mentioned it was Terry. Yes, in the workplace, you button up your shirt or you deal with the looks. Sorry, I am old enough to know that simple fact of life. If you get more than looks and care, you go to the police. pretty simple. Even more so, Guaranteed that would have stopped the bs in a town like this... but the money was worth it all, wasn't it? REGARDLESS- IT IS A FELONY, absolutely nothing justifies stealing money from rich, poor or blind. Not even being in cohots with a upper management or even a president. Good for you for not being nosy. Then you are just an observer like the rest of us. Your posts are silly and unfounded. But thats what blogs are for. I didn't post to argue with you it just doesn't seem like you are any wealth of solid information - We'll let our court system figure out the rest.

justathought 6 years, 6 months ago

SHEEEIT, I never thought of it that way! If I have drugs in my med cabinet and a druggie rips them off, it'd be my fault for tempting them. If I set my drink down to do something and a drunk grabs it, it's my fault for tempting him. If I own things worth stealing and allow a thief near me and my things, again my fault. Hey everyone, if your tempted, do it, it ain't your fault. tweetyturd says no one needs to be responsible for themselves if they were allowed to be near temptation, the fault lays with everyone but the thief. By the way tweetyturd, you said you're "a wealthy stay at home investor, sorry you can't say the same", well, I inherited millions and do nothing but enjoy life, sorry you have to work. I love being anonymous, I can be just as big a braggart as you are.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

Actually, my arrests (3 as a juvie) were for Breaking & Entering, Trespassing and Misdemeanor Theft of money at the pool. Amazingly enough after the pool incident, I joined the summer Swim Team never went thru other peoples' lockers there again. I even learned to bring my own lock for my own things.

The 4th was Theft of Services at 20yo, and the other 2 were a DWAI and (Dum-dum-DUMMMMMM!) being pulled over for not dimming my headlights (just like Wall- I was in a well-lit area at 13th Street) and finding out that one of the entities that was supposed to submit my paperwork for completion of my DWAI restitution/rehab...didn't, giving me an arrest warrant that I knew nothing about.

Now, based on those first 4 offenses...I've been working in Property Management since 1991, along with cashier work for Go-Fer Foods back then. I had access to money, condos,...basically putting me in an atmosphere pertaining to my arrest offenses. My past actually helps me in this aspect. I'm more security-conscience than ever, and haven't been accused of stealing or trespassing (or DWAI since not having a drink since 1991) ever since, nor have I done anything to give people that impression. I changed...others can, too. It's a matter of willpower, most times.

So, sometimes, employers take a chance with someone with an arrest record. Sometimes it works; sometimes not. So I don't fault Alpine Bank for hiring either of them. The true fault lies with Terri and Pam, until evidence proves otherwise. Hearsay from anonymous sources that can't provide proof have very little influence on me.

(Okay- I have actually been accused by "Gladys" of possibly making money from Illegal Immigrants on this forum and the Bore accused me of stealing his "Average Joe" identity on the old Pilot forums. Neither have ever proven anything beyond making the accusations. Just 2 anonymous posters talking crap.)

flotilla 6 years, 6 months ago

Whatever. You provided some second hand choice thoughts on public record in a totally immature way (spanky, anger mngmt, justass, etc). You seem to be missing the point. Stealing= stealing. Not stealing= ok because of some emails and a hiring process. Good work on getting yourself down to the courthouse. I couldn't care less about Alpine's record of harassment. What I care about is these two stealing from people and their lack of ethics, loyality and pride in their jobs. Alpine Bank will maybe see another law suit (or have) if what you say is true. Otherwise, seems to me like no one cares enough. These women are dirty theives. put them in the slammer. My blinders? Wow, just another stupid comment. Since you are so rich, maybe you should go make some copies of that public record and distribute... but you don't care that much either... do you?

Kojak 6 years, 6 months ago

Hang the thieves...Shoot the stabber...and fry Tweetyturd.

bolter 6 years, 6 months ago

Tweety: Even if Terry and Pam WERE harrassed by management, what does that have to do with the cases against them? Can you explain how it makes them less guilty?

If you can't explain how it makes them less guilty, then will you please quit blathering on?

As a wealthy stay at home investor, you obviously have lots of time. Try spending some of it thinking. If your posts are an indication of your thinking, your money is probably better off at Alpine Bank.

flotilla 6 years, 6 months ago

haha. Did you use "mature enough" and "you deserve to be stolen from" in the same blog?

Tell me exactly why I deserve to be stolen from. Please.

No wonder those women were friends of yours.

bolter 6 years, 6 months ago

Where did they get the money to hire the lawyers? Is it gone and therefore time to make a deal?

justathought 6 years, 6 months ago

See Matt, some idiots do take anonymous posters claim to fame as gospel. Should have said I was king or queen of some foreign country, then tweetyturd might have realized he/she was being taken lightly. Advice for posting anonymously, stick with your opinions and ideas, otherwise people just think you are trying to make yourself important. Matt can give you his opinion about stating facts that can't be substantiated because of your anonymity.

Kojak 6 years, 6 months ago

Twittyturd please turn the cartoons off that are playing in your head. And I am a young, "bold", long haired skinny guy, that has never been abused. So, as usual, YOU ARE 100% WRONG.

flotilla 6 years, 6 months ago

I do? Where did I say that? I said the harrassment is different from STEALING. They should be kept separate. That was THE worst explaination ever.

Kojak 6 years, 6 months ago

"they did bad business with many colleges of mine " Twitty. How many colleges did you attend? My guess is zero.

BoatMaster 6 years, 6 months ago

I don't think Tweetybird is trying to say the girls are innocent.

I think Tweety is saying there is something else to look at here also.

The girls theft is one crime to look at.

The management of Alpine bank is something else to be investigated. Maybe not a crime but certainly a civil action possibly. That's a lot of money missing over a long time to not be aware of. These managers would be termninated from my organization.

By the way, does anyone else think Terri looks hot in the photo? Can you say MILF

flotilla 6 years, 6 months ago

Only in America! Love it! Don King has great hair. I will take you up on it. Go ahead and call Stephanie Weiss at 879-6945 and pre-pay her to style my long brown hair into an afro.
And why do I now not have a heart? Godzilla? Why? Because I crush buildings and eat people? What on earth are you talking about?

flotilla 6 years, 6 months ago

Talk about dope smoking... you have tweety-twisted this one all around- however we got to Don King and monsters from Bank Thieves is beyond me. Maybe it was that sweet picture of you that did it. Too bad you aren't smart enough to cut and paste me a photo of my new hair do, richy. Dude, blaze one for me tweety (suits you, remember how annoying tweety bird was). The schnauzberries taste like schnauzberries, don't they?

grannyrett 6 years, 6 months ago

Tweetybird-are you family of one of these ladies? You don't sound very old or mature. Hey guys-if it were my mom, I would try to come to her defence no matter what. It just sounds as if this is a child who has enough problems with everything that is going on in his/her life. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.

bolter 6 years, 6 months ago

Where did tweety's posts go? Disappeared just like the money.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

Dang- run some errands and all the fun posts are deleted, along with Tweety's handle, from the look of it. Oh well.

424now 6 years, 6 months ago

Granny

That could be it.

Tweety,

Nothing justifies theft. Stealing is taking what rightfully belongs to someone else against their will. We the public do not have enough to convict these women so I will withhold condemning them at this point in time.

However,

If when after a fair trail they have been found guilty then we can all cast our aspersions. Until then we need to consider the facts and comment on those.

Kojak 6 years, 6 months ago

Suppose to be 72 comments. I count only 49. What is up with this newspaper? I guess the editor(s) feel they must edit out all comments that aren't within their beliefs. How does all of one posters comments vanish. Never seen it happen in any other paper's site. Explanation???

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

When a person is banned, all their comments get deleted, also. No sense in leaving the posts up since that's what got them into trouble.

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

Kojak,

If you catch your kid sitting at the kitchen table with bread crumbs and jelly all over his mouth, and a broken bottle of peanut butter on the floor, are you going to believe it when he says, "I don't know how it got there."

Some of us have speculated as to how this may all have come to pass, and the Pilot has removed our theories. That would indicate that somebody thinks we're close to the truth, and complained about it.

Anybody who thinks these two women made up this scheme to victimize honest citizens who wouldn't miss $1.2 million ($10,000 a week, approximately, over the time covered by the forged Advice of Payment forms) is really stretching it. Can anyone be that naive?

bolter 6 years, 6 months ago

What scheme are you talking about?

I do think that these two women made up a forgery scheme to victimize honest citizens.

Am I naive?

weststmbtres 6 years, 6 months ago

id,

Your comments are getting removed because you are accusing honest customers of the bank of participating illegal activities like money laundering, drug dealing or getting their money from other illegal sources when you have no idea what you are talking about.

There are plenty of businesses who have accounts with Alpine and I know for a fact there are trust accounts where these business hold money on behalf of their clients. When we bought our Stagecoach lot three years ago, the money was held by the title company in a trust account at Alpine Bank. Our deal was a few thousand but when someone buys a million dollar house the money goes to the same kind of trust account. These companies don't need you causign fear among their clients by spreading unfounded rumors about conspiricies within the bank or accusing other employees at the bank of covering up for these two theives.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

ID is just blaming the horse for not putting any wheels on the cart that it's pulling instead of blaming the people wanting the horse to pull the cart without wheels.

(Dang- that's a crappy analogy, but...whattayagonnado, eh?)

It's the Chewbacca Defense!

grannyrett 6 years, 6 months ago

Come on Matt-Chewbacca would have come up with something better than that.

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

Westy,

Okay. So you tell ME why an honest customer of the bank would not miss this kind of money being drawn out in cash.

Of COURSE 99% of the bank customers are honest people who use those accounts for lawful purposes. Wouldn't it be funny, though, if somebody thought to be honest really WAS in the business of money laundering?

Let's apply Occam's Razor to this one. Why wouldn't a customer complain about missing funds before $800k was missing from their account?

Why would a bank teller target an individual account for this kind of larceny and not expect to be caught?

Likely reasons are: Elderly or impaired. Too rich to care. Something to hide (like squirreling money away in anticipation of a divorce, money laundering, accepting bribes, etc.).

Oh, by the way, I read in the Craig paper website that Judge Shelly Hill ordered ACET to return marijuana they had confiscated to a "medical" user who was trafficking, and had more than he was allowed. Here we go again, right?

This is one screwed-up square state, fer sure.

Matthew Stoddard 6 years, 6 months ago

Grannyrett-

Chewbacca Defense from South Park Ep. #27, as told by "Johnny Cochran"

"Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! [:] Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

You can't argue with that kind of logic! LOL!

sbsmon 6 years, 6 months ago

id04sp,

I agree with westy, Last time I checked you are innocent until proven guilty. I'm not talking about Pam and Terri. Your conspiacy theories about illegal activites performed by the other employees at the bank and the people who had money stolen have no place here and should be removed. Alpine Bank and it's honest customers don't need you creating rumors.

Every one of the accounts that was pilfered had to have been fully examined by the FDIC investigators. If the bank customers had done something illegal in their dealings as you theorize, don't you think we would have heard about it by now. Don't you think there would be arrests if the customers money was obtained illegally.

Have you read the reporters stories or do you just chime in with your opinions while being only half informed? One of the reports said:

"When the victim asked Pamela Jean Williams for his bank statements, he alleges that Williams told him "there was a computer problem and the statements could not be sent right away," according to the warrant for Williams' arrest."

These people were watching their accounts but because the customer happened to ask the person who was stealing from him she was able to keep it hidden by lying about computer problems.

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

sbsmom,

That's ONE customer. Only one?

Alpine don't mail out statements?

Elderly, impaired, or incapable would have resulted in additional charges against them, I think.

The FDIC looks at deposits and withdrawals, etc., and how the bank handles them. Is it their job to determine if the income came from a lawful source? No. That's the IRS, FBI, etc. Federal agencies operate largely separately from each other, and there's no reason to think that the FDIC has sent anything to the FBI or IRS.

The funds deposited may have all come from lawful sources and been properly reported as taxable income, etc. I just can't imagine how anyone astute enough to know that all their tax reporting was good would be able to miss that much money from an account.

The IRS threshold for mounting a full-blown investigation is $2,000,000.00. If they don't stand to recover that much in back taxes and penalties, they don't bother. Why? Because it costs them $2,000,000 to prosecute a case through the courts. There are "triggers" such as (1) failing to file and (2) random audits which will set the IRS in motion, but those are measures designed to strike fear into the hearts of taxpayers and cause them to comply. The people who go after those kinds of cases are completely separate from the various "units" that go after things like abuse of tax-exempt organizations, tax resistors, and others who play the odds that they'll get away with unerreporting their taxes as long as they show a consistent level of payment year after year.

I haven't found anything that names the victims. Maybe if that was made public, I'd shut up.

SOMETHING made those women think they could get away with it. When somebody fills in that blank, it will answer a lot of questions.

weststmbtres 6 years, 6 months ago

Why should they disclose the victims names? Honestly, I think you should shut up regardless of the name disclosure. If they did disclose them it would just give you more ammunition for your tirades against them. You would still be saying these people were somehow lesser human beings than you for not checking their bank statements and you'd be including their names to try and further humiliate them. Give it a rest.

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

I don't want to know their names. They have a right to privacy too. I'd just like to know the cirumcstances that allowed this to happen. According to YOU, it could happen to me, too, without me knowing. I'm just curious as to how that could happen.

How nice it would be to be able to pi$$ away $800,000 and not miss it.

They probably have an accountant, or a property management outfit that's supposed to be handling this stuff for them. That would make sense. If so, I could probably name the accounting firm or property manager too. LOL

Hey, who's being sued these days for breach of fiduciary duty?

oldskoolstmbt 6 years, 6 months ago

i want to know their names so i can invite them to bloggytown!

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

"Also Monday, District Court Judge Shelley A. Hill disclosed that she is a friend of Alpine Bank officer Alice Klauzer. Hill said she would recuse herself at the request of any party."

Judge Hill was formerly an attorney with Klauzer and Tremaine (or whatever). Judge Hill just ordered ACET over in Craig to return medical marijuana to a guy who was trafficking in the stuff. Now, if ACET returns it, they will be guilty of trafficking under federal law. Remember when Judge Garrecht caused the flap over this same issue with Don Nord, and ended up having it settled by a federal judge in Denver?

Do they hand out clown shoes with gavels around here?

Let's see if Mr. Wiggins has the integrity to refuse Judge Hill's unlawful order. If he does that, I'll vote for him for Routt County Sheriff in the next election. If not, then guess what? He will have committed a federal crime. Also, Judge Hill is guilty of a "color of law" violation under federal law by issuing an order which violates the Controlled Substances Act.

People around here just don't understand that making up the law as they go along won't work in the long run. That's why stuff like the subject of this thread happens; people have no respect for the law.

oldskoolstmbt 6 years, 6 months ago

maybe it's time to LET the law do their job (w/ respect)....none of us know what really happened...and tweety, if you are a family member..i'm sorry for the things you read here...may everyone find peace today

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

Westy,

I was married to a woman who was head teller in a couple of different banks when we moved around early in my Navy career. A bank that would miss fraudulent disbursements of this magnitude on such a regular basis has got bigger problems than two tellers filing fraudulent AOP forms. Somebody should have been MISSING THE CASH when it was drawn out in such large chunks. $10,000 a week, on the average, is a lot of cash to suddenly need to get transferred in from the Federal Reserve Bank. Somebody in management should have been interested in which customers were taking out so much cash as a SECURITY issue because of the threat of having someone observed drawing the cash and robbed as they leave the place. I think you would find that SOME (a few) people who carry such large sums of cash also tend to carry a concealed-carry weapon with them, and that would probably be something that the customer AND the bank would want to talk about just for safety reasons. I usually see two people drawing cash for payrolls, etc., when I'm in the commercial line, and the bank managers and these customers generally know each other, because they're in there every week.

Innocent until proven guilty applies in court, for sure. However, if you're found splattered with red dye from the dye pack that exploded with stolen cash, you've got some explaining to do.

We're waiting for the 'splaining' to begin. Or not. I never banked there anyway -- feminine intuition, I guess (not mine, my wife's).

Benny 6 years, 6 months ago

Id:

I once withdrew $5,000 cash from my account and the computer had some kind of red flag that wouldn't allow me to withdraw the money without answering some questions first. I had to give the teller information before she could complete the transaction. I asked her why that happened and she told me that it had to do with terrorists and national security because I was withdrawing a large amount of cash. Wouldn't these ladies have to get passed that screen to withdraw high amounts of money? Wouldn't the IRS or some federal agency know every time a large amount of cash is taken out of an account? Just curious, I never really understood why that happened to me and now I wonder how these ladies would have gotten around that.

id04sp 6 years, 6 months ago

Benny,

Your information is newer than mine. These are good points. Thanks for coming out to swing on the ropes with me; it was getting lonely.

Of course, the women could have just answered the questions themselves, couldn't they? Maybe it was something like this which triggered a federal agency to contact the victim, after repeated withdrawals, and that's when the victim realized something was up.